Mars will compete against The Chainsmokers, Drake, Lamar and Sheeran.
As the kickoff to this year's highly anticipated show, Ciara today announced six categories from the "2017 American Music Awards" nominees live on ABC's "Good Morning America".
Drake dominated the American Music Awards nominations previous year, as he earned a record breaking 13 nods, eventually winning three prizes.
Largest Team USA supporters group demands US Soccer president's resignation
He said it was not the fault of Jurgen Klinsmann, head coach from 2011 through 2016, or Bruce Arena who took over from him. Rocco Commisso, the New York Cosmos chairman with an anti-trust lawsuit against US Soccer, joined the chorus as well.
Justin Bieber, Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi received four nominations each, including favorite pop/rock song for their hit collaboration, "Despacito".
Shape of You is also nominated for Video of the Year, alongside Despacito and Bruno's That's What I Like.
Other nominees were former One Direction heartthrob Niall Horan, British singer and fellow TV contest star James Arthur, rapper Post Malone and hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd.
In the televised gala, set for November 19 in Los Angeles, winners are determined by fan voting, unlike the more prestigious Grammy Awards, which is based on polling of music industry players.
- Befriend your Rotom Dex and…play…Roto Loto? in Pokemon USUM
- Crash d'un avion militaire en Espagne
- Bitcoin trades above $5000 for the first time ever
- Domino's stock falls despite 3Q sales growth
- Backstage News On Plans For Enzo Amore And The Cruiserweight Title
- Les nouveaux candidats arrivent enfin — Secret Story
- ACLU Sues Over Kansas Law Against Boycotts Of Israel
- Trump Warns Puerto Rico Weeks After Storms: Federal Help Cannot Stay 'Forever'
- "We were prisoners": Kansas teen forced into ISIS speaks
- Arvind Kejriwal's blue Wagon R goes missing near Delhi Secretariat