Gwoza residents happy with the army over its latest operation.
"The exit of NGOs from Gwoza town would portend danger in terms of food, social and medical needs for the thousand of returnees who are beginning to settle down and pick up the pieces of their lives".
He said that negotiations between the command and the insurgents were conducted through a firewood vendor.
In a statement by Usman, the operation took place at Yamteke axis of Gwoza Local Government, Borno. -Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, who addressed reporters at the news conference yesterday, said his troops killed 40 insurgents, arrested 18 and rescued 230 victims in Sambisa Forest.
NAN report that hundreds of the insurgents had surrendered to the Nigerian Army under the SCI in the past three months.
Supremo tem novo empate em votação sobre afastamento de parlamentares
De acordo com ele, as decisões do Judiciário não estão sujeitas a revisão ou ratificação e sumetê-las a outros poderes seria uma degradação.
"Troops of 192 Task Force Battalion of 26 Task Force Brigade of Operation Lafiya Dole at about 8:35pm on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 dislodged terrorists onslaught by successfully repelling Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) attack at their outpost from Yamteke axis of Gwoza council in Borno State".
He said the terrorists attempted to infiltrate the troops outpost with improvised explosive vehicles and person-borne improvised explosive device. "Sadly, one soldier died during the attack and his remains have been evacuated".
"The troops remain determined in their task of safeguarding communities and providing a conducive environment for humanitarian agencies to do their work", the Army spokesman said.
"In this regard, the populace is encouraged to always provide vital information on suspected activities of Boko Haram to the security agencies in their respective localities", he added.
- Analyst's Rankings to Lookout: SunPower Corporation (SPWR), The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW)
- Voters face key deadlines for general election
- Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony perform on Univision-Telemundo disaster-relief simulcast
- Japan's Kobe Steel reports wider fudging of metals data
- Miguel Cotto to hang up gloves after fighting Sadam Ali
- Palestinian rivals Fatah and Hamas say progress made in reconciliation deal
- Election Bill 2017: Senate adopts resolutions against law empowering Nawaz Sharif
- Trump sitting down with Sean Hannity for exclusive interview during Pa. visit
- Ben Affleck s'excuse pour des agissements inappropriés
- Warriors' players under the belief guarding Westbrook is 'like cake to them'