The cryptocurrency struck a new record high of $5,183.97 around 0820 GMT according to financial data provider Bloomberg.
Bitcoin surged through the $5,000 level on Thursday for the first time since the launch of the unregulated virtual currency more than 8 years ago. As recently as December, bitcoin was trading at less than $1 000 dollars. Eastern, according to CoinMarketCap, having gained almost 9% in the preceding 24 hours. Bitcoin started the year trading at $966 per token and has soared over 750 percent in the last 12 months. A spokeswoman for the investment bank confirmed that there was client interest in the project, but reiterated that the initiative was still in its early stages.
L'acteur phare de "Dawson" affirme avoir été agressé sexuellement — Affaire Weinstein
J'applaudis les personnes qui en ont parlé", a écrit l'ancienne star de la série Dawson , avant de passer aux confessions. Le scandale Harvey Weinsten qui touche actuellement Hollywood ouvre la voie à de nombreuses révélations.
Some analysts think the digital currency is likely to test a new ceiling ranging from $5,200 to $7,000 should it hold above the $5,000 barrier.
None of the Wall Street giants now have a bitcoin trading desk, though Fidelity operates a project through its research and development arm, as CoinDesk reported. A big bank, even one with a bit of a reputation for catering to ultrahigh-net-worth investors who like to roll the dice, could help the price stabilize.
- Legends of Tomorrow : une star de la série va partir [SPOILERS]
- Titans quarterback Mariota hoping to face Colts
- Quotidien: Yann Barthès chante à la place de Liam Gallagher !
- Interrogé sur Eric Zemmour, Omar Sy s'énerve et dézingue Anne-Elisabeth Lemoine
- How did Northern California fires become so devastating?
- Irish court approves Apple's $1 billion data centre
- Sir Richard Branson promises to build 'revolutionary' Hyperloop train service
- Italian granted sick pay to care for ill dog
- Southwest Airlines to fly to Hawaii in 2018
- Ed Boon Discusses Bringing Injustice 2 And NetherRealm Games To Nintendo Switch