A health advisory was issued Wednesday by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District: "Due to active wildfires and changing wind patterns, air quality could be impacted for many days to come". Residents affected by heavy smoke must seek shelter in buildings with filtered air or move to areas outside the region which has been affected by wildfire smoke.
They encourage residents who see or smell smoke in the area to avoid outdoor activity or exercise.
"We are now seeing winds out of the north-west which are pushing the smoke out. It's going to be really bad".
Firefighters from across California and neighboring states are working feverishly to contain the fires that have resulted in multiple casualties and destroyed more than 2,000 structures.
"We are proud to team up with all of the Bay Area professional sports teams to support North Bay disaster relief efforts."
Small explosion in suspect's vehicle during OR traffic stop, police say
Deputies also closed northbound traffic on Northwest 185th Avenue at Highway 26, with traffic diverted onto westbound Highway 26. He was taken into custody for a probation violation, Steele said.
"Air quality may improve at times or get worse, very quickly".
San Francisco hospitals are already receiving patients in their emergency rooms, complaining of respiratory issues likely related to the smoke, said Rachael Kagan, of the San Francisco Department of Health. Hundreds of thousands have been displaced by voluntary and ordered evacuations and Sonoma County officials reported that 285 people remain missing.
"The world has faced an unimaginable amount of tragedy and devastation in the past few months and the fires in the North Bay hit particularly close to home".
"The control burn was planned for today, and due to conditions the control burn was canceled", he said.
- " "Nicolas Hulot se sent " très utile " au gouvernement
- JPMorgan earnings are coming - here's what Wall Street expects
- Hurricane Ophelia Moving At Snail's Pace To Northeast
- Océans: "Nemo" est stressé, et pond moins
- "Chasse aux DRH": 41 personnes interpellées au Bois de Boulogne
- Boy Missing, Three Others Found Dead In Southern Ohio Home
- Google to integrate Duo App to Android by default
- OnePlus may have been collecting user data without permission
- LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone
- Sanchez sur le marché cet hiver — Mercato