WWE Superstar Neville is reported to have walked out of Monday Night Raw early before the weekly program could begin.
PWInsider reports that Neville did not walk out before Raw because he was never there.
Neville won the Cruiserweight title at the Royal Rumble from Rich Swann and went on to dominate the division as he became the man to beat.
The latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter corroborated the story and included information from a source close to the situation that said that "The King of the Cruiserweights" was done with the WWE. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.
Largest Team USA supporters group demands US Soccer president's resignation
He said it was not the fault of Jurgen Klinsmann, head coach from 2011 through 2016, or Bruce Arena who took over from him. Rocco Commisso, the New York Cosmos chairman with an anti-trust lawsuit against US Soccer, joined the chorus as well.
Though Neville walking out on WWE was contested by PWInsider's report, their report indicated that the release request is true and that it may have been sparked by being left off the WrestleMania 33 DVD and not receiving royalties; similar to Austin Aries' complaints about the company prior to his departure.
The main event of Raw was then changed to Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship in a Lumberjack Match that featured the rest of the Cruiserweight division standing ringside. The Observer adds that the current plan is to get the title back on Enzo.
On Twitter, Neville recently expressed frustration over the design of his new t-shirt that went up on WWEShop.com.
- Ed Boon Discusses Bringing Injustice 2 And NetherRealm Games To Nintendo Switch
- Bishop resigns after Vatican probe into cash and mistress claims
- "We were prisoners": Kansas teen forced into ISIS speaks
- Wall Street end record high post the US Fed meet minutes
- Army pays tribute to IAF commandos
- Les nouveaux candidats arrivent enfin — Secret Story
- Arvind Kejriwal's blue Wagon R goes missing near Delhi Secretariat
- Caroline Garcia qualifiée pour le Championnat de fin de saison à Singapour
- Bitcoin trades above $5000 for the first time ever
- Weather Warning: Durban braces as gale force winds forecast