MacFarlane claims Barth - who he's worked with on "Family Guy" and the "Ted" films - confided in him in 2011 about Weinstein's attempted advances. and it pissed off Seth so much, he ripped Weinstein at the Oscar noms event. Barth was among the women who came forward to speak to The New Yorker about her experience, in which Weinstein allegedly propositioned her for a naked massage and chastised her weight when she refused. "Make no mistake, this came from a place of loathing and anger".
MacFarlane added,"There is nothing more abhorrent and indefensible than abuse of power such as this".
As previously reported, MacFarlane poked fun at the former studio executive's relationships with A-list actresses during the annual award show's nomination announcement special.
Barth was one of the women to come forward with allegations against Weinstein in The New Yorker's bombshell story published Tuesday. "I respect and applaud my friend Jessica and those sharing their stories for their decision to to come forward, and for being champions of the truth".
Supersonic US Bombers Carry Out Drills Over Korean Peninsula
Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) said in a statement this was the first nighttime American B-1 bomber drill conducted with the two U.S. allies in the region.
The actor and creator of Family Guy and The Orville alluded to the Hollywood producer's sexually harassment claims while naming the nominated supporting actresses that year.
"Congratulations", MacFarlane said after announcing Best Lead Actress nominations, "you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein".
As previously reported, Weinstein was sacked from his own company on Sunday, October 8, days after The New York Times published a report including several sexual harassment claims against the Oscar victor. "Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance".
- Meizu MX7 Reported to Arrive with Dual Rear Cameras and Fingerprint Reader
- Federal Bureau of Investigation seeks 'Jane Doe 39' in child exploitation case
- Andhra policeman pleads with repeat traffic offender to wear helmet
- Patients of female surgeons may have better outcomes
- One lane on 401 at Highway 6 reopens after tractor-trailer collision
- Russian Federation to boost grain supplies to Morocco - PM
- Dell will spend $1B in new focus on Internet of Things
- Arby's offering limited edition venison sandwiches again October 21
- Los Angeles Sheriff's deputy stages DUI to propose to girlfriend
- Austrian police fine man over face-veil stunt