State police say a construction worker was killed while driving a backhoe across the eastbound lanes of the Pa. Turnpike on Tuesday morning in Franklin County.
Robert Marchetti, 63, of Drums, was operating a backhoe in the median at around mile 197.4 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the eastbound lane.
The driver of the vehicle, Peter J. Awadallah, 21, of Jackson, N.J., and a passenger, were both flown to hospitals, according to the report.
Footage Captures Woman Wrangling And Rescuing A Shark In Cronulla
This particular incident happened at Oak Park Rock Pool in Cronulla though, if you're looking to avoid it. Footage emerges of a real estate agent wrestling a shark out of a Sydney ocean pool.
Marchetti was ejected from the backhoe upon impact, and was pronounced dead at the scene by Franklin County Chief Deputy Coroner Paul T. Reed.
This story is part of a partnership between WITF and the Chambersburg Public Opinion.
Awadallah was flown to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, police said, and his passenger, Gerald Licollari, 20, of Staten Island, N.Y., was taken to Holy Spirit Hospital.
- The Plan to Launch Giant Wi-Fi Balloons Over Puerto Rico
- Marquinhos: " recevoir le brassard est un très grand honneur "
- Pope to meet with Aung San Suu Kyi , Buddhist monks in Myanmar
- Epidural medication has no effect on duration of labor, study shows
- Emirates cuts Auckland flights as part of renewed Qantas partnership
- Avago Technologies LTD (NASDAQ:AVGO) Institutional Investor Sentiment Trend
- Seattle Seahawks guard Luke Joeckel to have knee surgery
- US Dollar Falls as Investors Await Inflation Signs
- Torture definition in asylum cases is ruled unlawful
- Man arrested over stolen truck fire