"The provisional figures of direct tax collections up to September, 2017 show that net collections are at Rs 3.86 lakh crore which is 15.8 per cent higher than the net collections for the corresponding period of a year ago", it said.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on Wednesday released tax collections data of April-September period. Gross collections (before adjusting for refunds) increased by 10.3 percent to Rs. 4.66 lakh crore during April to September, 2017. Refunds worth Rs 79,660 crore were given out during April-September and this amount was deducted from the gross collections to arrive at the net direct tax collections.
L'agresseur de Mbappé condamné — Celtic-PSG
Il a reconnu devant la cour avoir commencé à consommer de l'alcool dès 11h, alors que le match a débuté... à 19h45. L'UEFA s'était même saisie de l'affaire et ouvert une enquête pour comprendre toute la situation.
Advance tax receipts also swelled, with the total advance tax mop-up in April-September rising 11.5% on-year to Rs 1.77 lakh crore.
In a welcome development for the government, the country's direct tax collections have witnessed a major growth of 15.8 percent. While corporate advance tax collections rose 8.1% on-year during the period, the advance income tax collections saw a 30.1% on-year spike.The government estimates to collect Rs 9.80 lakh crore from direct taxes in the current fiscal. The net direct tax collection in the first half of FY18 witnessed a jump of almost 7% as compared to the same period last fiscal.
- Firefighters: Burned woman said 'Eric' set her on fire
- Meizu MX7 Reported to Arrive with Dual Rear Cameras and Fingerprint Reader
- Daisy Lowe praises friend Louise Redknapp amid marital woes with husband Jamie: 'She really came alive on Strictly'
- Woman says Chris Foerster used her as a "cocaine platter", made threats
- Seth MacFarlane says Oscars dig was meant to shame Weinstein
- Woman dies after falling 100ft from balcony inside St Paul's Cathedral
- Austrian police fine man over face-veil stunt
- Los Angeles Sheriff's deputy stages DUI to propose to girlfriend
- Dell will spend $1B in new focus on Internet of Things
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Suspended by Giants After Leaving Team