Shah said that It is due to the efforts of BJP governments that Gujarat's tribal areas are not behind other regions in any criterion of development. In a Facebook post, Mr Chandy said it was pathetic that Mr Shah was attacking Kerala when his own Gujarat model of development has been a total failure.
BJP President Amit Shah praised the Jharkhand government who instead of offering floral tributes to patriots so as to pay homage to them, made a decision to start the development work in their villages. Mr Shah said the way the Modi government is working, all regions with tribal population, including the Northeast, will have all-round development and they will complete their journey from "swaraj" (self-rule) to "suraj" (good governance).
Over Rs 9,100 crore has been deposited in District Mineral Foundation constituted for this objective, he said, adding the money will be spent on local area development. Gujarat is going to polls later this year.
Horreur au Brésil : au moins 8 morts après l'incendie dans une crèche
Le gardien qui travaillait depuis au moins huit ans dans la crèche n'était jamais en contact avec les enfants. Environ 80 enfants se trouvaient à l'intérieur de la crèche au moment de l' incendie criminel .
The BJP president said that tribals had been left behind in development as they lived in remote areas and also due to apathy of governments which exploited mines and minerals but did not work to develop those places. "Tribals, like the rest of the country, got self-rule in 1947 when the British left, but the time has come for them now to attain self-rule in the true sense and the Modi government and BJP are fully committed in this direction", he said, emphasising that it was the BJP government led by A B Vajpayee which set up a separate ministry of tribals at the Centre.
Referring to his recent visit to the the village of legendary tribal leader and freedom fighter Birsa Munda in BJP-ruled Jharkhand, Shah said the state government there has taken steps for all-round development of villages of the tribal leaders who led resistance to the colonial rule.
Party sources said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will be used for campaigning in the state, and that the services of other ministers such as Swatantradev Singh are also expected to be utilised keeping in mind different castes of Uttar Pradesh migrants spread over most parts of Gujarat. It is paying tributes to them with its work and not just flowers, he said.
- Major League Baseball 2017 playoff preview and predictions
- Killer's Intent: Police Claims Las Vegas Shooter Didn't Have a Death Wish
- Police reveal new details about Vegas "hero" security guard
- Democrats donate Weinstein funds after sex harassment allegations
- Early detection and treatment helps to fight breast cancer
- ING Groep NV (INGA) PT Set at €17.00 by Deutsche Bank AG
- Australian athletes congratulate country's 1st National Hockey League player
- Pak to meet 'weekly' to finalise reply in Jadhav's case
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Notre Dame starts Ian Book over injured Brandon Wimbush at QB