Shatta recalled the 1994 controversial incident when Egypt was playing against Zimbabwe in a World Cup qualifier and a stone came from the stands which led Federation Internationale de Football Association to order a repeat of the game on neutral ground.
Egypt's star Mohamed Salah scored the first goal during the match's 62 minute before Congo equalized at the 82nd minute.
With one game to play they top African Group E by four points, and are the second team from the African qualifiers to book their ticket to Russian Federation following Nigeria.
Fire Prevention Week: In a fire, seconds could save your life
Get a licensed electrician to do your household wiring, and if you are building a new house, think about putting sprinklers in it. Highland-Pierron Fire Department has expanded its fire prevention efforts to better protect those in their fire district.
With just three minutes left, Congo equalised through Moutou.
A draw would not have been enough for Egypt to seal qualification and they sought a winning goal, which came when Salah sent Mouko the wrong way with his spot-kick.
Their Argentina-born coach Hector Cuper had admitted the pressure to end their absence had seen him take medication for high blood pressure. "I am taking hypertension medicine due the stress I suffer from the continuing criticism", the 61-year-old tactician told ahramonline. They face Ghana next month in a meaningless match in Kumasi.
Egypt sits top of the group with 9 points, Uganda follows with 7 while Ghana are 3rd with 5 points, Congo bottom with only 1.
- 'One of the greatest terms I've come up with is 'fake''
- Justice League : La nouvelle bande annonce
- Everton manager Ronald Koeman calm despite poor start to season
- Lawsuit: Teen expelled for sitting for Pledge of Allegiance
- Ready for Colombia, says Luis Norton De Matos
- Donald Trump et Kim Jong-un "unis" pour le TGV — Béziers
- Colin Kaepernick details desire to play, workout regimen
- Hurricane Nate lashes Louisiana, Mississippi; Category 2 landfall expected
- Mike Williams (back) will make Chargers debut in Week 6
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE) Experiences Lighter than Usual Trading Volume