Now a free agent, Kaepernick had said this past spring that he would stand if he got a chance to play again - a pledge that was reported again Sunday by Jason La Canfora on CBS's "The NFL Today." According to the report, Kaepernick said he is looking for an opportunity to play and just wants to be judged as a football player.
"He's doing on-field work there for several hours, again throwing 100 passes plus a day, coming back to the gym, working out several hours, going uptown to Harlem, working with kids in the community".
Additionally, Kaepernick reportedly told La Canfora that he has not heard from the NFL, which has been holding meetings with players in regards to national anthem protests, but La Canfora believes Kaepernick would be willing to share his thoughts if asked.
Las Vegas Shooter Scouted Sites in Boston and Chicago
Newton described what it was like to enter into the Paddock's hotel room after the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history. Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock (right, black shirt) sharing a meal with Marilou Danley's family in Manilla in 2013.
Kaepernick has stayed mostly silent during his free agency in 2017, only speaking indirectly through National Football League insiders such as La Canfora, Cris Carter of FS1 and Adam Schefter of ESPN. He's planning on standing for the anthem if given the opportunity, "La Confora said of his talks with Kaepernick". He also plans to donate the money from his jersey sales to charity.
The NFL has not reached out to Kaepernick to discuss social issues.
Over the past few weeks, a lot of attention has been paid to NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.
- Galen Rupp becomes first American man to win Chicago Marathon since 2002
- Police identify Brooklyn Park shooting victims found in crash
- The Walking Dead saison 8 : un extrait de l'épisode 1 !
- Louise Redknapp defends Daisy Lowe Jamie amid split fallout
- 3 people survive crash after plane collides into Middlesex home
- LIGO Gravitational Wave Scientists Win Nobel Prize for Physics 2017
- UP Islamic school issues fatwa, bans women from shaping eyebrows, cutting hair
- Trailer Reveals New Team, Legendary Monsters
- President Trump fires off on Twitter about Sen. Corker
- Gigantesque explosion dans une station-service à Accra — Ghana