The centre-back joined Spurs from Atletico Madrid in 2015 and has 18 months left of his present deal, with the London outfit having the option to extend that by a year, but the Belgian confirmed that he has not been offered new terms.
The Belgian worldwide is now on a £50,000 a week contract which is set to expire in 2019.
Alderweireld's agent said in September that the Spurs should offer the defender a "correct contract" or a transfer out of White Hart Lane, though manager Mauricio Pochettino later said that the 28-year-old is fully committed to the club.
It would come as no surprise to many that Liverpool are on the hunt for a new centre-back to solidify their shaky defence, but Alderweireld himself declared earlier this week that he is happy at Tottenham.
LIGO Gravitational Wave Scientists Win Nobel Prize for Physics 2017
Researchers Barry Barish and Kip Thorne of California and MA scientist Rainer Weiss were awarded the Nobel Prize Tuesday. Artist impression of a black hole merger that produced a gravitational wave.
The 28-year-old Antwerp-born Belgium global is adamant he is relaxed over the lack of progress in agreeing new contract terms for Mauricio Pochettino's side.
When asked about whether he has entered talks with the club over a possible new deal, Alderweireld replied saying, "No, like I said, I am focused on football".
"I think it's great for Jan that he will beat that record, and he can stay an worldwide for a while yet", said Alderweireld.
"They can offer more money but is it a step forward in a football way?" You can see I'm happy there, and I try to help the team, and that's the way I always play football. "The rest, I don't know, we will see about that", Alderweireld said.
"We'll be very proud of him if he achieves this".
- Columbus Day Protests Demand US Indigenous People's Holiday
- Hurricane Nate lashes Louisiana, Mississippi; Category 2 landfall expected
- Galen Rupp becomes first American man to win Chicago Marathon since 2002
- Colin Kaepernick details desire to play, workout regimen
- The Walking Dead saison 8 : un extrait de l'épisode 1 !
- Fire Prevention Week: In a fire, seconds could save your life
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Ownership Decreased by Private Asset Management Inc
- Profession of 'mystery woman' seen with Las Vegas shooter confirmed by officials
- Moscow May 'Mirror' US Restrictions on RT With Measures Against US Media
- Laurens De Plus est sorti de l'hôpital