Indianapolis led 13-10 at the half.
The 49ers are 5-1 against the spread in their last six games, are 5-2 against the number in their last seven road games, and have cashed in four straight games coming off a loss. San Fran has struggled over the last few seasons in the month of October but they will be out to not only keep this one close but should be considered a threat to win the game outright as they have a solid defense, a great run game, and a serviceable receiving corps that should go stride for stride with the Colts. Unlike the Browns two weeks ago, the 49ers have a roster that has much more (healthy) National Football League talent.
The Colts meanwhile have split their first two games at home this season and are 1-3 overall and are favoured at home here against the Niners in what should actually be a competitive and perhaps entertaining contest.
But they lost. That's the bottom line and that's what fans see and remember. Hyde is averaging 80.3 rushing yards per game, the most he has ever averaged in his career. Forcing Brissett to lead the Colts on extended drives is the first step to securing a 49ers victory. For their part, the 49ers look as though they'll be healthy, with receiver Marquise Goodwin on track to return from a concussion and running back Carlos Hyde not even appearing on Friday's injury report after dealing with an oblique issue.
The Colts have played reasonably well early and settled into halftime leads in three of their four games. Chuck Pagano praised the former players for paving the way so "these guys get an opportunity to play in this stadium". Indianapolis has to figure out a way to play smarter.
- Indianapolis wide receiver T.Y. Hilton is averaging 17.0 yards per reception this year. Tight end Jack Doyle hasn't tasted the end zone yet this year, but that could change Sunday. In his 51 career games, Johnson has one interception, 69 tackles, and 16 pass deflections. With Reuben Foster out, the responsibility of keeping Brissett's scrambling from being a difference-maker again falls upon Armstrong, who has filled in admirably for the rookie star.
USNS Comfort Underway to Provide Aid from the Sea in Puerto Rico
There, Comfort hosted a medical summit with local and federal officials, including Gov. The ship was deployed to Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria devastated the U.S.
Pro Football Focus ranks the 49ers as the top special-teams unit in the league, a ranking that's validated by their standing in expected points added, a metric that measures total performance from a given unit.
"We feel like we should have won those three games, and we've come up short".
PLAYER SPOTLIGHT: 49ers TE George Kittle.
Let's review the first quarter of the season for the 49ers. Unless he wants to lose his job, Hoyer would be wise to do the same. They fell to 1-3 on the season and 2-2 against the spread following last week's loss to Seattle. Capable. He carved the Rams up for 332 yards on 23 of 37 passing, with two touchdowns and one interception. He passed for a career-high 397 yards in his only career meeting at Indianapolis while he was a member of the Bears.
The 49ers have just nine sacks through four games. He ranks 6 in the league in both rushing (321 yards) and total yards (404). He is tied for second with the most punts within the opponent's twenty yard line. He has 5,289 receiving yards since 2013, fourth most in the NFL. But that should not diminish the importance of Sunday's game. But Hoyer threw for 397 yards and three touchdowns a year ago against the Colts when he was with Chicago. And he has more weapons on offense.
"Looking at the team, they've got a lot young guys who I think got a lot of potential, especially on the defensive side of the ball", Gore said.
- Las Vegas shooter booked Chicago hotel during Lollapalooza
- SIU identifies teen victims of Thursday's fatal crash on Hwy 6
- CF Industries Holdings Inc
- Spaniards take to streets as Catalonia independence tensions rise
- Akwa Ibom records one confirmed case of monkeypox
- Un avion EasyJet atterrit en urgence après un incident technique — Clermont-Ferrand
- Verstappen narrowly misses out on victory in Japan
- Le coup de gueule d'un boulanger contre la grande distribution
- Noel Acciari out six weeks with fractured finger
- American Horror Story mass shooting scene edited