Cigna said its customers who are now using OxyContin for hospice care or cancer treatment will continue to have it covered through 2018.
"Our focus is on helping customers get the most value from their medications - this means obtaining effective pain relief while also guarding against opioid misuse", said Jon Maesner, Cigna's chief pharmacy officer. The company said the move is to reduce opioid abuse.
At the same time, Cigna announced a contract to continue covering a competing oxycodone alternative to OxyContin, which will impose a financial penalty on that drug's maker if too much of the drug ends up being used by the insurer's customers.
Nest to make more devices compatible with Google Assistant
For now, Google Chrome OS is compatible with Android apps and is already available on the Pixel phones. Once you do that, your cameras should show up in the Home Control section to be assigned rooms.
"We continually evaluate the clinical effectiveness, affordability, and safety of all our covered medications as these characteristics can change over time, and we make adjustments that we believe will provide better overall value for those we serve". President Donald Trump has promised to give greater aid to those affected by addiction.
The insurer has signed a "value-based contract" with Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc for Xtampza ER, an extended-release oxycodone equivalent that can not be made more fast-acting through cutting or crushing.
Cigna said it will consider approving OxyContin if a customer's doctor finds it medically necessary.
- Peter Kraus Gets a Second Chance at Love on 'Bachelor Winter Games'
- L'Insee révise sa prévision de croissance à la hausse, à 1,8%
- Marsha Blackburn announces bid for US Senate seat
- En colère, Christiane Taubira met fin à une interview dans "Complément d'enquête"
- Officers made it to Las Vegas shooter's room within 12 minutes
- América, con Ibarra al cambio, se impone en campo del Toluca
- Seven score in double-figures as Timberwolves top Warriors in China
- Maroc : des campagnes toujours plus pauvres, des villes un peu moins
- Paris : Un homme de 47 ans se défenestre avec ses deux enfants
- Joburg warns residents for bird flu H5N8