Jim Carrey may have spent most of his time in Batman Forever cackling maniacally as the Riddler, but apparently no laughs were had behind the scenes. Carrey has mentioned in the past that he and Tommy Lee Jones (who costarred as the villainous Two-Face) did not get along. Hence he talked a little about it again while chatting with Norm MacDonald this week.
In the third season of Norm MacDonald's online talk show (via EW), Norm MacDonald Live, Carrey recalled, "I was the star, and that was the problem". "Phenomenal actor, though. Still love him". I really don't like you.' And I said, 'What's the problem?' And pulled up a chair, which probably wasn't smart.
Carrey said the blood drained from Jones' face when the two ran into each other at the same restaurant before shooting the biggest scene they had together in the movie. "And I went over and I said, "Hey, Tommy, how ya doin"?' And the blood just drained from his face, like he had been thinking about me 24 hours a day". "He started shaking and he got up and... he must have been in mid-kill-me fantasy or something". He went to hug me and said, 'I hate you. He might have been uncomfortable doing that work, too. "And I said, 'Gee, man, what's the problem?' And I pulled up a chair - which probably wasn't smart - and he said, 'I can not sanction your buffoonery'". "That's not really his style of stuff".
ABC Orders Full Season of 'The Good Doctor'
Since the premieres of Marvel's Inhumans and Ten Days in the Valley fell flat, The Good Doctor is definitely ABC's biggest show. Kim, a graduate of Freedom High School, formed a production company, 3AD, that is based at CBS Television Studios.
Sure, saying he was "the star" isn't quite fair because he wasn't the one tasked with playing the Dark Knight, but aside from all the buzz surrounding Val Kilmer filling Michael Keaton's shoes, I do remember one of the bigger talking points around that time being that of Carrey's involvement.
Carrey also said that Jones "might have been uncomfortable" and out of his element filming "Batman Forever".
Regardless of Jones' comments, Carrey still had nice things to say about him.
- Forza Motorsport 7: Loot System Is Off To a Rocky Start
- Roommate of Las Vegas Shooter Is Located
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Rating Reiterated by Robert W. Baird
- Rcom debt restructuring to be further delayed after Aircel merger collapse: Moody's
- Playtex recalls children's plates and bowls due to choking hazard
- First look at Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley's new movie Chaos Walking
- White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (WTM) Stake Boosted by Clinton Group Inc
- Oscar victor to play Hugh Hefner in film
- Google Drive Updated To Play Nicely With Apple's 'Files' App
- Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock may have planned attack on Lorde concert