But she was eventually moved to a nearby shed after she could not afford to pay the rent that the suspects' demanded, the sheriff's office said. Several men responded to the advertisements online and paid money for sexual services from her, said NBC-affiliate WDIV-TV.
A Macomb Township couple is accused of taking advantage of a disabled woman by prostituting her while she stayed at their home, according to the Macomb County Sheriffs Office.
The Sheriff and the Prosecutors Office are resolved to bring some measure of justice to this young woman, and to get her the support and treatment she needs..
When the victim left the mobile home park, her family members found out what happened and contacted authorities September 12.
A Macomb Township couple is charged with forcing a 29-year-old woman with disabilities to live in a shed while they advertised her sexual services online for profit.
Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said that human trafficking can happen anywhere - especially with women and children in poverty or abusive situations. "I mean even if you are down and out, there are ways to figure it out, not doing that to another human being". The Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team commenced an investigation resulting in the criminal charges.
Messi strikes twice as Barcelona beat Las Palmas in empty Nou Camp
We can not give them any excuse, that is what they want. Las Palmas have great players and made it hard for us. We have values we're defending as clubs.
The neighbors of the couple told WJBK-TV told they could not believe the couple, who have a three-year-old daughter, could be capable of committing such an act. "...they were just basically nice, cool people", said Ferguson. "(I) never saw a third person".
Today, the couple faced a judge on human trafficking charges.
After his arraignment, Welch attempted to escape sheriff's deputies, sparking a short foot chase.
Both suspects are each charged with human trafficking-forced labor and prostitution/accepting earnings. George was given a bond of $75,000.00 and Welch was given a bond of $50,000.
Both are due to appear back in court on October 24.
- Brigitte Macron explique pourquoi elle a souhaité s'installer à l'Élysée
- Aussie 'girlfriend' link in deadliest United States shooting
- Comio C2 launched in India, comes with 20GB free Reliance Jio data
- Elecosoft PLC (ELCO) to Issue Dividend of GBX 0.20 on November 6th
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: The Special One title is bull
- Toys 'R' Us debuts augmented reality experience in stores
- Las Vegas Shooting Renews Calls For New Gun Laws From Congress
- Avatar 2 : Kate Winslet rejoint le monde de Pandora
- Barca notches win in empty stadium
- Medicine Nobel prize awarded for body clock discovery