Mr. Asher said, "In addition, we are told that the Film and TV Producers Guild has also chose to join the strike and they too shall not be releasing any new films in Chennai from Friday till this matter is resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned".
In a letter written to Tamil Nadu Government, Tamil Film Producers Council has threatened to not release any movie from October 6 if 10pc Local Body Entertainment Tax (LBET) is not removed. There's been a 28 per cent GST on films.
Later in the evening, he said in a statement, "Various stakeholders have been explaining our position to the State government". However, the State government has levied the 10% entertainment tax without regulating the ticket prices.
The theaters reopened after the government assured the filmmakers that it will look into their demands. In a statement, the council which represents Tamil film distributors and other businesses linked to entertainment, said the authorities' move to make them pay an additional 10 per cent local body tax has come as a "shock" to the industry.
Iowa Is Using Taylor Swift Lyrics To Promote Safe Driving
Iowa Department of Transport has started using the adapted lyric as part of its "zero fatalities" campaign. The overhead signs usually carry information about road closures and traffic jams.
"This will only increase the losses for the producers and pave way to more confusion", Vishal added.
Diwali is a big season for Kollywood as the theatres witness huge footfalls during the festive season.
Multiplexes in the city went on strike since yesterday as people visit multiplex mainly to watch non-Tamil films and their business was badly hit. "One Tax". MAI President Deepak Asher requested the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and Great Chennai Corporation (GCC) Commissioner to consider their request to withdraw the LBET levied on the film exhibition industry in Chennai immediately.
- Petersburg Collegiate High School named a National Blue Ribbon School
- Gun stocks up after Las Vegas shooting
- Crowds Line Up To Donate Blood After Las Vegas Mass Shooting
- Controversial Indian model claims she made phone call to Shahid Afridi
- UF Law Student Injured in Las Vegas Shooting
- Upsets aside, World Series should have an ex-Tiger or two involved
- BSP leader shot dead in Allahabad, buses set on fire, journalists attacked
- Tesla Deliveries Hit Record Quarter But No Thanks to the Model 3
- South Africa perform odd celebration during Test against Bangladesh
- Toothless Crystal Palace equal English football league's worst ever run