"I made a decision to play behind closed doors because we believed that the image of a football match being played in a completely empty Camp Nou.would have been a way of showing how we utterly reject the exceptional and inadmissible situation going on in Catalonia".
"But, with regards to what can happen in the future, the Board of Directors will discuss options".
"I finally came to the decision which was we should play game but to take the exceptional measure of playing it behind closed doors".
Josep Maria Bartomeu insists the decision to play Barcelona's game with Las Palmas behind closed doors was to protest against a "lack of liberty" rather than any concerns over security at the Nou Camp.
The Spanish league said there was no reason to suspend the game because authorities had guaranteed the safety of everyone involved, including the fans.
Tillerson Called Trump 'Moron,' Threatened to Resign Until Pence Intervened
Hammond disputed the report, telling the network that Tillerson never considered quitting this summer. The Secretary of state wasn't upset about the speech, but other mounting tensions, according to NBC.
Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola yesterday expressed dismay at the violence that marred Catalonia's independence vote, which he said should have led the club to postpone their match against Las Palmas.
Barcelona to support independence initiatives in Catalonia AA World News Introduction Date: 2.10.2017 21:00 Date of renovation: 2.10.2017 21:35 Barcelona Club continues its support for pro-independence initiatives in Catalonia.
"Today the UD Las Palmas pays a visit to an unprecedented date for our country, the day that the Catalan government set for a referendum outside the Spanish legal framework, with the force that has the global echo of everything that happens in the Camp Nou", Las Palmas said in a statement. We can not give them any excuse, that is what they want. Spain is an incredible country, with its literature, sport, and cities.
"Now in Spain there teams from other countries who play in national leagues: clubs from Andorra in football and basketball".
"We hoped that the day would pass in a calm manner, but it hasn't been the case". We have values we're defending as clubs. Las Palmas have great players and made it hard for us.
- Harrison Afful, Jonathan Mensah ruled out of Ghana's qualifier against Uganda
- Avatar 2 : Kate Winslet rejoint le monde de Pandora
- It's T10 time! Cricket's newest format launched in Dubai
- Toffees to swoop for Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro in January?
- Raikkonen engine hope, Grosjean crash compensation, Vettel gearbox decision
- UEFA charges Spartak Moscow over alleged racial abuse against Liverpool
- 'Demonetisation largest money-laundering scheme': BJP, is Mr Shourie also frustrated?
- Mastercard (MA) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Report Finds
- Aussie 'girlfriend' link in deadliest United States shooting
- Las Vegas Shooting Renews Calls For New Gun Laws From Congress