The New Orders Index rose by 4.3 points to 64.6%, the Production Index rose by 1.2 points to 62.2% and the Employment Index rose by 0.4 points to 60.3%.
A separate report released by the Commerce Department showed construction spending in the USA increased by more than expected in the month of August.
Of the 18 manufacturing industries, 17 reported growth in September.
The euro area manufacturing sector grew the most in over six-and-a-half years in September, final data from IHS Markit showed Monday.
A reading over 50% indicates the manufacturing sector is expanding, while below 50% signals contraction. Thirteen industries reported expansion, while three reported a decrease in employment.
Lorient cale au Havre
En cas de succès ce lundi, ils s'empareraient de la 2 place du championnat, et reviendraient à 3 unités du leader Rémois. Victoire à domicile (3-2), où le HAC est invaincu cette saison.
Tim Fiore, chair of the ISM's manufacturing survey committee, said the scramble for supplies for rebuilding in the aftermath of the hurricanes may have driven manufacturing activity higher in September. "Firms' expectations of future output growth also slipped to a four-month low".
The strength of the advances in the ISM's gauges probably includes the recovery and restarting of business following Hurricane Harvey, which had caused many businesses to shut shop.
The Commerce Department said construction spending climbed 0.5% to USD1.218 trillion in August after plunging by 1.2% to USD1.212 trillion in July.
Export orders increased 1.5 points to 57.0, indicating growth for the nineteenth consecutive month. Bloomberg reported American manufacturing expanded at the fastest pace in 13 years, in part because of effects from two major hurricanes. A measure of input costs jumped and factories are passing on at least some of the increase.
Also, separate Commerce Department reports on consumer spending and personal incomes were slightly weaker in August, despite a relatively strong start to the third quarter, leading some analysts to forecast a slightly weaker third quarter GDP performance.
- Joanna Blair, British javelin thrower, fails drug test
- Gaza. L'Autorité palestinienne de retour dans l'enclave
- Russian Federation just gave North Korea's internet a big boost
- Rocky duo named in Kangaroos' World Cup squad
- Tom Petty, légende américaine du rock, victime d'un arrêt cardiaque
- U.S. service member killed in Iraq
- Dhruv Vikram to debut in Arjun Reddy's Tamil remake
- How Red Bull stole the Malaysian Grand Prix
- Varun Dhawan - Anushka Sharma Celebrates Gandhi Jayanti, Unveils Sui Dhaaga Promo
- MBIE ditches government contract with Fuji Xerox