Mardi, 21 Mai 2019
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Thursday's Tube strike called off after 'progress' in talks

Thursday's Tube strike called off after 'progress' in talks

03 Octobre 2017

A 24-hour strike by London Underground (LU) drivers which was due to take place on Thursday has been called off.

Aslef announced earlier this week that 88 per cent of its members voted for strike action, and there is no announcement yet as to the nature of the progress made in talks.

Members of the Aslef union were due to walk out for 24 hours in a dispute over work-life balance linked to the introduction of overnight Tube services on weekends.

But he also warned: "Our ballot remains live and we will not hesitate to call action in the future if needed to ensure all the commitments made are fully delivered".

The union has accused bosses of failing on a commitment to give its members the opportunity to work a four-day week and reduce the number of weekend shifts.

Le téléphone comme passe Navigo, c'est pour bientôt
En parallèle, et pour compléter ces nouveaux services sur mobile, un nouveau passe Navigo va être créé. C'est donc la première étape vers la suppression totale du ticket ainsi que les dorfaits semaine.

Nigel Holness, LU's director of network operations, said: "I welcome Aslef's decision to suspend its unnecessary strike action and I am pleased that customers will not have their journeys disrupted".

"We have agreed to continue working with the trade unions to explore options that will further improve work-life balance for our staff".

The strike is expected to cause "substantial disruption" across the capital, TfL said. RMT had recommended that football fans avoid the Tube altogether, while Chiltern Rail said it would not call at Wembley Stadium.

Additional National Express services and parking - which had been arranged in preparation for the strike - will remain in place, TfL has previously said.

Thursday's Tube strike called off after 'progress' in talks