The Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday acquired defenseman Derrick Pouliot from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for defenseman Andrey Pedan and a fourth-round selection in the 2018 National Hockey League entry draft. The 24-year-old then finished with seven assists in 22 games in 2015-16, and last year, he skated in just 11 games and did not log a goal or assist across 164 minutes. He spent the majority of the 2016-17 season with their AHL affiliate in Scranton Wilkes-Barre and wasn't considered an option for prominent minutes this year, even though the Penguins are thin on defense.
The 6-foot-5 Lithuanian had five goals, 10 points, and 100 penalty minutes in 52 games with AHL Utica last season.
With NHL teams working to trim down their rosters to open the season, the Penguins cut bait on defenseman Derrick Pouliot, their 2012 first-round draft choice who appeared to be an odd man out on the blueline.
As Former CEO Testifies, Equifax Reveals More Breach Victims
He also apologized for the way the company handled the announcement of what happened. He said the breach occurred because of "human error and technology failures".
Pouliot was once one of the NHL's brightest prospects, selected eighth overall in the 2012 NHL Draft.
Before making his professional debut in 2014, Pouliot played four seasons with the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL. He played in 13 games for the Canucks back in 2015-16, failing to register a point. However, the Islanders proceeded to trade Pedan to the Canucks in November 2014.
- Kurdish leader and ex-Iraqi president Jalal Talabani dies
- David Davis: We're ready for any Brexit outcome
- HAWKEN PC version being shut down
- Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims amid controversy over response
- Le roi d'Arabie saoudite est attendu en Russie jeudi
- Burgum orders flags flown at half-staff for Las Vegas shooting victims
- This common bank fee has soared 55% over the past decade
- SA stars up for IAAF World Athlete of the Year
- Fiat Chrysler recall: 700000 Jeep, Dodge SUVs may need brake fix
- Goff, Prescott meet after wildly different rookie seasons