Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg acknowledged the controversial impact of his platform in his message for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, vowing to improve the components he described as divisive.
In a short, single-paragraph post on his wall, Zuckerberg asked forgiveness "for those I hurt this year" and "for the ways my work was used to divide people rather than bring them together".
Although Zuckerberg did not specify which misuse he was referring to, Facebook earlier this month turned over more than 3,000 Russia-linked ads to congressional committees investigating the Kremlin's influence operation during the 2016 presidential campaign.
In recent weeks, Zuckerberg has conceded that Russian actors used Facebook to spread divisive messages as part of a broader Russian scheme to influence the USA presidential race. May we all be better in the year ahead, and may you all be inscribed in the book of life.
Unifor president to update media on CAMI contract talks Sunday
GM relocated production of the GMC Terrain earlier this year to Mexico, resulting in the loss of about 400 jobs. However, it appears the two sides have some work to do to close the gap between their respective positions.
Tonight concludes Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year for Jews when we reflect on the past year and ask forgiveness... Facebook removed the categories after being alerted to their existence and said it would seek to prevent such categories from popping up for potential advertisers.
FACEBOOK boss Mark Zuckerberg has begged for forgiveness for the way his website has been used to "divide people" by spreading fake news.
He added in a second tweet: "To make it very clear: no problem in being an atheist whatsoever; the problem is to use religion as a political tool".
- No need for Texans to panic despite 1-2 start
- 5 takeaways from the Bills win over the Falcons
- Bientôt un sous-marin — Aston Martin
- Irlande : Manifestation avant le référendum sur l'avortement
- Ouverture du scrutin malgré l'interdiction de Madrid — Référendum en Catalogne
- DISCOVERY Cast & Crew to Appear at New York Comic Con & PaleyFest
- Oregon QB Herbert suffers broken left collarbone
- Suivez le match Nice - OM en direct - Ligue 1 2017/2018
- Penn State stays at No
- EN DIRECT - Référendum en Catalogne : suivez la journée du scrutin d'autodétermination