Nationals ace Max Scherzer has been pulled from his start against Pittsburgh because of an apparent injury to his right leg. But the two-time Cy Young Award victor stumbled on a 2-2 pitch to Josh Bell in the fourth inning, briefly hopped around the mound and bent over at the waist.
Baker added that Scherzer was removed only as a precaution.?
Prior to his departure, Scherzer was cruising. But on his 54th pitch, with Bell at the plate and one out in the fourth, the right-hander appeared to land awkwardly.
Nobody in the Nationals dugout was concerned enough at first to respond, but then the Nationals infield all converged on the mound and asked for time from the umpiring crew.
Iranian, Iraqi government forces to hold joint border drills
Turkey is advising its citizens to leave Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdish region before flights to the area are suspended. The United States asks all parties, including Iraq's neighbors, to reject unilateral actions and the use of force.
Scherzer was also visited by manager Dusty Baker, pitching coach Mike Maddux and head athletic trainer Paul Lessard.
Nonetheless, this is the fourth time the reigning Cy Young Award victor departed early with an ailment in his final 10 starts of the season. The Nationals are one of the few teams that do not announce possible injuries during games, so there was no information on the condition of Scherzer.
Scherzer owns a 16-6 mark with a 2.51 ERA after going 3 1/3 innings and allowing just one hit Saturday. He amassed 200 2/3 innings in 31 starts, striking out 268 while posting a career-best 0.90 WHIP.
- Were Analysts Bearish Keller Group plc (LON:KLR) This Week?
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS) Raising Eyebrows Among Investors
- Michigan Announces Suspension Of WR Nate Johnson
- In #TakeAKnee, Donald Trump Has Found a Worthy Web Opponent
- Saquon Barkley's One-Handed Catch-and-Run Proves He's a Superhero (Again)
- Metro identifies Vegas officer involved in deadly shooting
- Here is the Player Lineup for Chelsea-Manchester City Match
- Organizers To Lead March For Black Women In DC
- Une barrière s'effondre, 20 supporters blessés dont 3 graves — Amiens-Lille
- Bow Fails, PM Modi Throws Arrow At Ravana With A Smile