Nationals ace Max Scherzer has been pulled from his start against Pittsburgh because of an apparent injury to his right leg. But the two-time Cy Young Award victor stumbled on a 2-2 pitch to Josh Bell in the fourth inning, briefly hopped around the mound and bent over at the waist.
Baker added that Scherzer was removed only as a precaution.?
Prior to his departure, Scherzer was cruising. But on his 54th pitch, with Bell at the plate and one out in the fourth, the right-hander appeared to land awkwardly.
Nobody in the Nationals dugout was concerned enough at first to respond, but then the Nationals infield all converged on the mound and asked for time from the umpiring crew.
Televisa y Tv Azteca ganan transmisión de la Selección
De estos, 53 por ciento de los televidentes sintoniza su aparato televisor para ver los partidos de la Liga MX y la Selección Mexicana , de acuerdo con el Estudio Anual de TV abierta 2017 , elaborado por el Departamento de Investigación de Merca2 .0.
Scherzer was also visited by manager Dusty Baker, pitching coach Mike Maddux and head athletic trainer Paul Lessard.
Nonetheless, this is the fourth time the reigning Cy Young Award victor departed early with an ailment in his final 10 starts of the season. The Nationals are one of the few teams that do not announce possible injuries during games, so there was no information on the condition of Scherzer.
Scherzer owns a 16-6 mark with a 2.51 ERA after going 3 1/3 innings and allowing just one hit Saturday. He amassed 200 2/3 innings in 31 starts, striking out 268 while posting a career-best 0.90 WHIP.
- Los Angeles teacher allegedly contaminates students' flutes with semen
- Blue Bloods Shocks Fans by Killing Off [Spoiler]
- Bow Fails, PM Modi Throws Arrow At Ravana With A Smile
- Elon Musk's New SpaceX Plans To Get To Mars
- Une barrière s'effondre, 20 supporters blessés dont 3 graves — Amiens-Lille
- Saquon Barkley's One-Handed Catch-and-Run Proves He's a Superhero (Again)
- Monarch Airlines' package holiday arm could face administration
- World Series MVP award named for Willie Mays
- Catalans prevail in Million Pound Game
- Vettel puts Singapore crash behind him to focus on Malaysia