Opposing manager Antonio Conte meanwhile praised De Bruyne as a "complete player", as Guardiola also expressed satisfaction at how complete his team's performance was, how they beat Chelsea by taking the game to champions in their own stadium. De Bruyne builds City's attacks, creates chances and, as he proved here, can score goals of the highest quality.
City are top of the Premier League and De Bruyne, 26, has been key in their impressive start to the season.
The visitors' pressure began to grow shortly afterwards, though, with Silva and Jesus both coming close in quick succession before the breakthrough finally arrived in some style.
The defeat was Chelsea's second home defeat after losing 3-2 to Burnley in their opening day fixture.
Asda recalls Little Angels baby food after plastic discovered
Anyone who has purchased the product has been advised not to consume it but to return it to the store. The recalls comes after another supermaket store found plastic in one of its luxury chocolate bars.
"Manchester City have improved on last season and brought in a lot of good signings".
"It sends out a big message", City left back Fabian Delph said.
But the Belgium global proved his fitness during an 82-minute runout in the 2-1 victory over Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night, and Conte suggested he will retain his place in the line-up to face City. He is the most humble guy, I am so happy for him because I know how happy he is.
Chelsea´s misery was compounded by the loss of top scorer Alvaro Morata to injury 10 minutes before halftime but Conte said his substitution was made out of caution and he hoped the problem would not result in a long lay-off.
The 46-year-old failed to win a trophy in his first year in England, but City have emerged as early pace setters in the Premier League title race this season. It was what I wanted and it was good for me, big games against the best players.
The deadlock was finally broken in the 67th minute when De Bruyne received the ball on the edge of the area before firing a fine strike past Courtois to net the only goal of the game.
- Spieth has 'plenty in the tank' for Presidents Cup
- Boris Johnson warns Theresa May Brexit transition can not exceed two years
- Vettel puts Singapore crash behind him to focus on Malaysia
- May admits Tories weren't ready for the snap election she called
- How Trump Lost in Alabama But Is Still Winning the Wider War
- Louisville Announces David Padgett As Interim Coach
- President Trump to Be Interviewed by Fox News' Sean Hannity
- Were Analysts Bearish Keller Group plc (LON:KLR) This Week?
- Organizers To Lead March For Black Women In DC
- Iranian, Iraqi government forces to hold joint border drills