During an interview with TrekMovie, Star Trek: Discovery showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg have revealed that Amanda Grayson - Spock's mother, and the adoptive mother of Sonequa Martin-Green's Lt. Michael Burnham - will be making an appearance this season.
The role of Amanda Grayson was originated by Jane Wyatt in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Journey to Babel".
The language was first devised by Star Trek actor James Doohan and producer Jon Povill for the first Star Trek film, but was fully fleshed out into a language by linguist Marc Okrand who regulates it today and wrote The Klingon Dictionary in 1985.
$0.87 EPS Expected for Edwards Lifesciences Corp
Currently, 210.57 million total shares are owned by the public and among those 209.79 million shares have been available to trade. Finally, Advisory Services Network LLC boosted its holdings in Edwards Lifesciences Corporation by 0.9% in the second quarter.
In the Original Series, it's established that Sarek met Amanda while he was the Vulcan ambassador to Earth, and Amanda later mothered Spock (and, presumably, played a mother figure to Michael).
The showrunners revealed that Amanda is set to be portrayed by Canadian actress Mia Kirshner, whose credits include 24, The L Word, The Vampire Diaries and Defiance. It's now unknown in which episode of Discovery Kirshner will make her debut as Amanda.
To celebrate the premiere of the show, fans have the choice of watching the first episode with Klingon subtitles throughout. New episodes will be released every Sunday night at 8:30 pm ET/PT.
- Which insiders are trading Delphi Automotive PLC (DLPH)?
- Racing - Enable cruises to Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe win
- Z shows support for Colin Kaepernick on SNL
- Myles Garrett officially inactive for Week 4 with high ankle sprain
- Mercato PSG : Draxler vers le Real Madrid cet hiver ?
- Penn State stays at No
- La police brutalise les "électeurs" et fait plusieurs blessés — Référendum en Catalogne
- Germany prepares for first gay marriage
- General Motors Company Position Lessened by Hancock Holding
- 5 things to watch in Saints-Dolphins game