What is not (or should not be) how it goes is that Walker apparently received death threats over those comments.
He wrote that it's his choice to try to spark conversation for positive change and fans' choice to attend Titans' games, a US freedom so envied around the world. "It's that freedom of choice that makes our democracy the envy of many around the world".
"The death threats that my family and I have received since my comments are heartbreaking", he wrote on Instagram Thursday, Sept. 28. These words of hate will only fuel me in my efforts to continue my work reaching out to different community groups, listening to opposing voices, and honoring the men and women in the Armed Forces who risk their lives every day so that we may have this dialogue.
On Wednesday, Walker had strong words for fans planning to skip games because of protests.
"And the fans that don't want to come to the game?" OK, bye. If you feel we're disrespecting you, don't come to the game. You don't have to. No one's telling you to come to the game. "It's your freedom of choice".
'Men in Black' spin-off without Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones coming
The " Men in Black " are returning, but they're going to look very different. You probably won't be seeing them in the new flick, unfortunately.
Amid the controversy over kneeling during the U.S national anthem, Sports Illustrated has left Colin Kaepernick off their latest magazine cover, titled: "A Nation Divided, Sports United".
The league said they are investigating the threats.
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Akeem Spence shared on Twitter earlier Thursday that his father, a contractor, was denied a job on a house due to his protest.
"I've been waking up with anxiety a lot and it's hard to eat food and sleep, but other than that, I'm good", Linsey told The Tennessean. "I don't have any regrets".
Walker isn't softening on his stance, and with the Titans set to play the Houston Texans this coming Sunday, it will be interesting to see if the team remains in the locker room once again considering the brewing discontent of some fans.
- Stringent security arrangements ensured for 9th Muharram processions
- Judwaa 2 Movie Second / 2nd Day Collections- Judwaa 2 Saturday Box Office
- Livingston Health Department to Recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October
- HSBC to Pay $175 Million to Settle Fed Probe of FX Practices
- Saudi women allowed to issue fatwas
- Long haul for Bangladesh in fightback against South Africa
- Line Renaud plaisante sur le fait qu'elle soit "encore là"
- No Big Surprise: Sunny and Warmer Than Normal Today
- Aulas juge le Genesio-bashing injustifié — OL
- Crisis-ridden Tamil Nadu, four other states, get Governors