Coutinho, 25, was targeted by LaLiga leaders Barcelona during the close-season, but Liverpool stood firm to hold onto the Brazil global.
The 25-year-old however appears to be as motivated as ever and scored his second goal in two games as the Reds drew 1-1 with Spartak Moscow in the Champions League on Tuesday.
"I'm calm. It's all passed by", Coutinho is reported as saying by the Daily Mirror, about his failed Barcelona move.
Zim court faults authorities & orders release of Mawarire
During a rally organised by Mugabe's supporters on Monday, the President claimed that there were individuals determined to spark an uprising against him, an evident reference to Mawarire.
Coutinho's declaration of loyalty to the cause is all well and good, although many Liverpool fans might have preferred to see it during the summer, when he made his intentions to join another club clear.
"I'm here to defend the colours [of Liverpool], to give my maximum".
"It wasn't really the result we wanted, but we have to keep working and there are more games, another four games to come", he said.
While Coutinho signed a new deal, reportedly worth around £150,000-a-week, in January to become the highest-paid player at Liverpool, issues surrounding his future could rear their head again in January.
- Scan For Analyst Views: Charter Communications, Inc. (CHTR), The Chemours Company (CC)
- Weird 'ice blades' on Pluto finally cracked by NASA
- Thomas Tuchel gives his decision regarding West Ham job
- La Chine ordonne la fermeture des entreprises nord-coréennes d'ici janvier
- Roku sets $14 per share IPO price on $1.3 billion valuation
- Brewers Beat Reds 7
- North Korea: the South expects more provocative action by mid-October
- Republicans Calling For Deep Cuts In Both Individual And Corporate Tax Rates
- Twins slugger Sano takes swings, playoffs possible
- Q2's economic GDP in the USA increased 3.1% vs 3%