Coutinho, 25, was targeted by LaLiga leaders Barcelona during the close-season, but Liverpool stood firm to hold onto the Brazil global.
The 25-year-old however appears to be as motivated as ever and scored his second goal in two games as the Reds drew 1-1 with Spartak Moscow in the Champions League on Tuesday.
"I'm calm. It's all passed by", Coutinho is reported as saying by the Daily Mirror, about his failed Barcelona move.
Justin Timberlake, star de la mi-temps du prochain Super Bowl
L'été dernier, sa pièce "Can't Stop The Feeling!", composée pour le film d'animation "Les Trolls", a été un vif succès. La NFL a visiblement trouvé son artiste pour la mi-temps du prochain Super Bowl.
Coutinho's declaration of loyalty to the cause is all well and good, although many Liverpool fans might have preferred to see it during the summer, when he made his intentions to join another club clear.
"I'm here to defend the colours [of Liverpool], to give my maximum".
"It wasn't really the result we wanted, but we have to keep working and there are more games, another four games to come", he said.
While Coutinho signed a new deal, reportedly worth around £150,000-a-week, in January to become the highest-paid player at Liverpool, issues surrounding his future could rear their head again in January.
- Emergency crews in Oklahoma City save woman pinned by rushing water
- Twins slugger Sano takes swings, playoffs possible
- Shark Refuses To Let Go Of Swimmer's Stomach In Florida
- Thomas Tuchel gives his decision regarding West Ham job
- PTI, MQM agree on need for new opposition leader
- Lai unhappy with U.S. refusal to accept IPOB as terrorist group
- Brewers Beat Reds 7
- Dwyane Wade quitte Chicago pour rejoindre Cleveland (vidéo) — NBA
- Roku sets $14 per share IPO price on $1.3 billion valuation
- Clean bill of Delph: 427-man England squad announced