Evin Lewis made 176 before being forced to retire injured and taken off on a stretcher. Stokes was released without charge but is still under police investigation for the incident that followed England's win in the third ODI.
Moeen Ali saved England and took his team to a series victory over West Indies with a six-run win on the Duckworth-Lewis method in their fourth one-day worldwide on Wednesday.
Buttler was 43 not out from 35 balls alongside Ali, and their match-winning stand put England 3-0 up with one game to play in the series.
England survived without Ben Stokes as another of its influential allrounders set up victory over West Indies in the rain-shortened fourth one-day worldwide on Wednesday to clinch the series.
Steelers Owner Writes Desperate Letter to Angry Fans About Anthem Controversy
Well, it turns out that Big Ben and the rest of the Steelers players weren't too far behind Villanueva after all. On Monday, Villanueva said that he did not intend to make a political statement .
Cummins had taken 3-82 from nine overs and skipper Jason Holder snared 2-81 from 10 overs before Ali marauded the Windies attack for 102 off just 57 balls to catapult England to 369 for nine from their allocation of 50 overs.
"This is the arena we need to make sure we start grabbing hold of and we start understanding, particularly with what we've got coming up early next year", he added. They had produced a substandard performance in the field as West Indies rattled up 356 for five, their fourth-highest score in one-day internationals, and, had rain not intervened, it would have been a record chase. He mishit a delivery from Jake Ball into his own ankle and, grimacing in pain, slumped to his knees.
As if the pre-arranged distraction of England's Ashes squad announcement wasn't enough to be taking in, there was also the fall-out from Ben Stokes' antics in Bristol in the early hours of Monday morning.
Defeat in the series opener meant World Twenty20 champions West Indies could no longer qualify for the 2019 World Cup in Britain and coach Stuart Law said before this fixture he wanted to see set batsmen go on deep into the innings. Jason Roy made 84 to lay the platform for England but Alzarri Joseph's five wickets had the West Indians in control, and England trailing well behind the required rate.
Both Mohammed and Holder benefitted from dropped catches by England captain Eoin Morgan, although neither chance was easy.
- Jasper Ridge Partners LP Boosts Stake in PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL)
- California moves its presidential primary to March in push for electoral relevance
- Chicago congregation working to get supplies to Puerto Rico
- 'Madman Trump:' North Korea releases violent propaganda video
- " "Reprise de STX par Fincantieri. " Éclaircie " relative pour les syndicats
- Lana Del Rey brings her Lust for Life to Little Caesars
- We Will Shoot Down US Bombers Near Our Airspace: North Korea
- Chelsea Confirmed Lineup vs Atletico Madrid: Hazard receives elusive start, Morata upfront
- United States to restrict Russian military flights over its territory
- Trump Ignores Pleas to Calm North Korea Tensions