Winston Peters says that with special votes yet to be counted, we don't yet know what the voice of the New Zealand people says.
"We are willing and available when he is ready", Ardern, 37, told reporters in Wellington.
Mr Peters fired shots at media, which he said is misleading the public in malicious reports about his relationships with other parties.
On policy costings for a government formation agreement, Ardern said Labour may call on the Treasury to help ensure any agreement fell within the terms of the budget responsibility rules, "which we will continue to hold ourselves to and any negotiations outcome to as well".
IDF Soldiers Killed, 4 Wounded in Artillery Tragedy in Golan Heights
The families of the dead have been informed, but as of Wednesday morning their names have not yet been released. Two of the soldiers, who were seriously wounded, were evacuated to Safed's Ziv Medical Center.
"The Deputy Leader of both National and Labour, the Leader and Deputy Leader of NZ First, and even the Leader of ACT all have Maori ancestors and would be entitled to enroll on the Maori roll - and none of them needed a Maori electorate to get them into Parliament", he said. Labour wants to cut immigration and renegotiate some trade deals that could hurt two key sources of growth. "That could be reason New Zealand First has to hold its view".
The political uncertainty weighed on the New Zealand dollar, which was down 0.32 percent at $0.7243, after posting its biggest daily drop in more than four months on Monday.
They've been hoping for direct contact this week so at least a framework for negotiations to form a coalition government can be sorted out.
Some delay is inevitable as some 15 percent of votes cast in last Saturday's election were cast as "special" votes, which have yet to be counted, with a final tally due on October 7. English remains prime minister in the interim.
- Scottish Labour MSPs clash over leadership contest
- GTA 5 : une version Nintendo Switch en préparation ?
- Les Français recherchent plus sur leur portable que sur leur ordinateur
- Messein: 450 euros d'amende pour avoir payé un PV trop vite!
- Recapping last night's Cowboys v. Cardinals game
- Hafiz Saeed a liability to nation: Pak Minister
- Steven Seagal: 'NFL Protesters Are Holding America Hostage'
- Shop Alicia Keys's Totally Sheer Pink Bra for a Good Cause
- Four college basketball coaches charges with bribery, fraud
- Un dépôt de munitions en feu, 30.000 personnes évacuées — Ukraine