With six months since Last Man went off-air, it is looking increasingly likely that Allen will have to go back to a Home Improvement revival if he has any hopes of resurrecting any form of Mike Baxter's characterization.
Allen does have a point, the show did average 8.3 million viewers in the final season, but as THR points out, "the show hailed from an outside studio, 20th Century Fox Television, which made it expensive for ABC to license".
You couldn't have handled this worse.
"I always wanted Last Man Standing to be like [All in the Family's] Archie Bunker", Allen said.
Fergie Shares Adorable Pic With Her 'Little Bodyguard' Son Axl
That is Axl's family, the cousins, I mean, all of mine, the Duhamels and the Kempers and everybody that I've fallen in love with, they're a family".
"Archie Bunker pushed boundaries", Allen, 64, said. "I'm a version" of Baxter, Allen said. But there is nothing more risky, especially in this climate, than a amusing, likeable conservative character. "That was the most unsafe thing because he is mitigated on the show by a family of all women who had a difference of opinions, but [Mike Baxter] was a likable guy and a principled guy, just about work and ethics and all this stuff". Second biggest show, [ABC] hadn't won a Friday night in 15 years. Big night for them.
ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey said at TCA this summer that Allen's politics had "absolutely nothing to do with" the cancellation of Last Man Standing. I would have put Roseanne after us.
"I have no idea why they did what they did", he told Macdonald. "We have actors on our shows who have all sorts of political views". Probably not, though. Let's just ignore the facts.
- Assassin's Creed Discovery Tour Trades Combat for Exploration
- CFL won't approve Manziel deal for '17
- Kushner's New York Voter Registration Is 'Female'
- Essential has sold just 5000 phones since launch: BayStreet
- Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor Fall Short Of PPV Record With 2017 Fight
- Un nouveau titre en Formule E — Renault
- PlayStation Plus October 2017 Lineup Revealed, Features Metal Gear Solid V
- " "Le président turc craint une " guerre ethnique " — Référendum kurde
- McCain renews call to waive shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico relief
- The initial impressions of 'Blade Runner 2049' are off the charts