A 15-year-old student was stabbed to death, and one was critically injured at a Bronx school Wednesday, police say.
The incident took place in the building at 2024 Mohegan Avenue in the East Tremont section at around 10:45 a.m.
It occurred at the Urban Assembly School for Wildlife Conservation, a middle and high school.
An 18-year-old student was detained in connection with the stabbings, according to the police, who said the information about episode was preliminary. It was not immediately clear whether the attacker was also a student.
Xbox Games with Gold October lineup includes Gone Home
Microsoft has shared the list of games that will be available to Xbox Live Gold users for the month of October 2017 . As usual, the Xbox 360 titles on offer will be playable on Xbox One as well via backward compatibility.
The 15-year-old student, who has not yet been identified, was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival, sources said.
Police say an 18-year-old male suspect is in custody.
The school, which does not have metal detectors, serves sixth through 12th grade and is co-located with elementary school PS 67. A pair of scissors was recovered at the scene.
- Justin Timberlake Reportedly 'Finalizing' Deal for Super Bowl 52 Halftime Show
- Un dépôt de munitions en feu, 30.000 personnes évacuées — Ukraine
- Assassin's Creed Discovery Tour Trades Combat for Exploration
- Hafiz Saeed a liability to nation: Pak Minister
- West Indies batsman Evin Lewis retires hurt with record 176
- TSX rises with banks; Bombardier falls after tariff hit
- Neymar va bientôt ouvrir une boîte de nuit
- McCain renews call to waive shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico relief
- Essential has sold just 5000 phones since launch: BayStreet
- " "Le président turc craint une " guerre ethnique " — Référendum kurde