Restaurants across the country are boycotting the NFL by refusing to broadcast the games on TV until protests end, following the uproar over athletes refusing to stand for the national anthem.
"NFL will never be played at Palmetto Alehouse until all players pay respect to our flag and our country!"
This South Carolina business owner noticed and responded. "Either stand up or lay down". "I understand it's your prerogative to make a decision like this..."
Following the president's comments on Friday, more than 100 NFL players sat, knelt or raised their fists in defiance during the national anthem on Sunday.
Trump said the players protesting the anthem were "very disrespectful to our country".
Independence Advisors LLC Has $432000 Position in CSX Co. (CSX)
BidaskClub upgraded shares of CSX Corporation from a "buy" rating to a "strong-buy" rating in a report on Thursday, July 6th. Following the acquisition, the director now directly owns 106 shares in the company, valued at approximately $5,468.54.
And as far as how the restaurant owner's decision will affect business, McCraw says he's not losing any sleep over it.
"Believe me, I'm doing other things", he said - but said he watched a little bit and "I will say there was tremendous solidarity for our flag and for our country".
McCraw told WHNS that he doesn't always agree with Trump but believes the president's criticism of the National Football League players were correct. "This is a country of one people and we need to stand for our flag".
"There are issues in this country that need to be addressed, but disrespecting our flag and our country is not the way to do it", said McCraw.
"It's no concern for me", said McCraw. The Facebook post has since been removed. "It is not about supporting a concept that is disrespectful to our flag or our country, and I don't think the people that come to my bar will feel that this is disrespectful to them".
- Darden Restaurants: Serves Up Disappointment
- Organization hopes to raise awareness of railroad safety
- Microsoft Quantum Programming Tools Aim At Future Computers
- Korea May Not Have Noticed US Bombers Flying Near Its Border
- Prince George didn't want to go to school today: William
- LeBron James Addresses POTUS' Attempt to Divide Sports
- 10 most popular cities for global travelers in 2017
- NK claim that Trump declared war is 'absurd': White House
- Tillerson to discuss North Korea crisis, trade in China
- Young Dolph Shot Multiple Times, Rushed To Hospital