Major losers in the 30-share index were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (2.75%), Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (2.29%), Hindustan Unilever (1.90%), ICICI Bank (1.89%), Reliance Industries (1.17%), and State Bank Of India (1.11%).
Selling was maximum in the BSE realty index, down 2.66 percent. Both Sensex and Nifty were marginally higher during the opening trade. The gauge had lost 824 points in the previous six sessions, in line with a general weakness across the globe fuelled by escalating worries about Korean peninsula.
Extending its falling streak for the seventh straight session - the longest losing streak since December 22 - the 30-share index fell by 439.95 points, or 1.39 per cent, to settle at 31,159.81 as RIL, HDFC, HDFC Bank, ITC, SBI and L&T dropped.
The wider 51-scrip Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) closed below the psychologically important 9,800-level.
All the 19 sub-indices of the BSE closed in the red.
Maple Leafs (3-2-0) @ Canadiens (0-5-0) — Face à face
Par ailleurs, le Canadien a fait savoir que le cas du gardien Charlie Lindgren sera évalué sur une base quotidienne. Le premier trio est composé de Max Pacioretty, Jonathan Drouin (qui retrouve son poste) et Brendan Gallagher.
Traders said a firm Asian market despite rising US-North Korea tensions had a bearing here.
Besides, continuous pumping in of funds by domestic institutional investors (DIIs) supported the market. Sensex tanked almost 500 points intraday whereas Nifty50 touched 9,735.
"Foreign investors have net sold $777 million worth of Indian shares so far this month".
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.44 per cent while Shanghai Composite gained 0.05 per cent. Japan's Nikkei, however, shed 0.29 per cent.
Please enter your email.
- Un dépôt de munitions en feu, 30.000 personnes évacuées — Ukraine
- American University: 10 Confederate Flag Posters With Cotton Found On Campus
- McCain renews call to waive shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico relief
- Justin Timberlake Reportedly 'Finalizing' Deal for Super Bowl 52 Halftime Show
- " "Le président turc craint une " guerre ethnique " — Référendum kurde
- Binion: Tax reform to boost business, Americans' income
- Lawmakers fight in Uganda parliament for second day over presidential age limit
- Xbox Games with Gold October lineup includes Gone Home
- BWS: Maria & Lee Are Both "Potential Threats"
- Les Français recherchent plus sur leur portable que sur leur ordinateur