Actor David Oyelowo arrives at the Diamond Empowerment Fund's Diamonds Do Good awards gala at the Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas on June 4, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Walt Disney Pictures is in development on a live-action musical titled Cyrano the Moor, which will star acclaimed English thesp David Oyelowo (Selma, Queen of Katwe, Star Wars Rebels). How exactly those two stories will be merged is anyone's guess, but that will be part of the fun.
Oyelowo will next be seen in producer J.J. Abrams' currently-untitled Cloverfield movie, and is now filming the YA adaptation Chaos Walking, starring Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland.
Tribune Media Company (TRCO) Holdings Increased by Cibc World Markets Corp
Finally, BidaskClub raised shares of Tribune Media from a "sell" rating to a "hold" rating in a research report on Wednesday. Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank boosted its position in shares of Tribune Media by 9.6% during the 2nd quarter.
THR reports Oyelowo will not only star but produce, along with wife Jessica, via their Yoruba Saxon Productions (which was also behind his earlier films A United Kingdom, Nightingale, Captive, and Five Nights in Maine). The project is unique in that it will not be based on one of Disney's classic animations. Tendo Nagenda and Chaz Salembier are overseeing for Disney.
McCraney, who won an Oscar for his work on Moonlight, recently opened his new play Head of Passes at the Mark Taper Forum.
- Officers shoot, kill deaf man after giving verbal orders
- Trent Richardson signs with CFL's Roughriders
- Transgender troops shouldn't be kicked out of military, Gen. Dunford says
- Apple, Alphabet and Fitbit test FDA fast track for health apps
- AFC Wimbledon refuse to acknowledge MK Dons' existence in match programme
- Anil Ambani says banks no more giving loans to telecom firms
- Taoiseach to discuss Brexit with British PM in London
- Yes, Hrithik Roshan Will Play Super 30's Anand Kumar. Twitter Cheers
- When will Teddy Bridgewater be back?
- Flu cases reported in Linn County