Specifically, 19.5% (95% CI, 18.5-20.6) of adolescents reported at least one diagnosed concussion in their lifetime: 14% (95% CI, 13.1-14.8) reported one diagnosed concussion and 5.5% (95% CI, 4.9-6.1) reported being diagnosed with a concussion a couple of times.
The national study, called "Monitoring The Future", conducted by the U-M Institute for Social Research, is an ongoing survey asking teens in 8th, 10th and 12th grades: "Have you ever had a head injury that was diagnosed as a concussion?" Assistant research professor Philip Veliz says the prevalence of concussions among adolescents isn't a topic that's been researched much at all. The research is published in the journal JAMA. "Concussions are quite common especially among adolescents". The researchers found that almost 20% of adolescents said they had been diagnosed with at least one concussion and 5.5% said they had been diagnosed with more than one.
Yes, Hrithik Roshan Will Play Super 30's Anand Kumar. Twitter Cheers
I am a rooted guy so I feel some level of an emotional quotient is required to live my life on screen. Hrithik Roshan is all set to play a math genius in his next. "I have full faith in his capabilities".
The research was part of the 2016 Monitoring the Future survey, a larger national University of MI survey funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Some in the group have reported concussions and some haven't, and he hopes to learn whether the teens that have reported concussions develop health complications later on. While the study did not determine how the kids got their concussions, the authors report that about a third of teens participating in contact sports had been diagnosed with a concussion at some point.
"Findings showed that 19.5 percent reported at least one diagnosed concussion in their lifetime, which was consistent with regional studies and with emergency department reports stating contact sports are a leading cause of concussion among teens", he said.
- David Oyelowo to Star in Disney Musical From 'Moonlight' Playwright
- AFC Wimbledon refuse to acknowledge MK Dons' existence in match programme
- Tribune Media Company (TRCO) Holdings Increased by Cibc World Markets Corp
- Morel prolonge jusqu'en 2019
- " Il y a un fossé entre débilité et naïveté " — Autocritique Capucine Anav
- Dem lawmaker threatens to force Trump impeachment vote next week
- LeBron holds court, discusses Irving, distaste for Trump
- Tyrod Taylor talks Von Miller's unsportsmanlike penalty: 'We were laughing'
- Title Match Added To Next Week's WWE RAW In Denver
- " Une menace artificielle ", selon les chauffeurs de taxi de Québec — Départ d'Uber