Speculation surrounding Ozil's future has amplified over the summer after the playmaker refused to sign a new contract tabled at the end of last season.
Mourinho clearly rates the player highly as well and will no doubt be keen on wrapping up a deal, especially if he is available on a free transfer.
Trump expands travel restrictions on DPRK, Venezuela, Chad
Trump had called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" during his campaign. The US will also stop entry of citizens from Iran , Chad, Libya, Syria , Venezuela, Yemen and Somalia.
Ozil has divided opinion for so long in the Premier League, nearly embodying Arsenal's issues.
Ozil has come under intense criticism for his workrate under Arsene Wenger at the North London club, with many fans constantly joking he goes missing in the big games. Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are two such players, who are in the past year of their contract and teams are exploring the possibility of signing them.
With the FIFA World Cup to come next summer, it was a big gamble to take from the 30-year-old, who has always been preferred to lead the France attack by manager Didier Deschamps.
It's tough to see how Giroud forces his way into the Arsenal starting XI on a regular basis at this stage, as he appears to have been assigned the role of a super-sub.
- Biggest Flash Points In The Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill
- Chief under fire after labeling Steelers' Tomlin with slur
- Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill delighted after giving birth to daughter
- Samsung's Windows Mixed Reality headset leaks online
- IPhone 8 vs iPhone 7 : le jeu des cinq différences
- Does Blue Apron Holdings (APRN) Look Attractive Now? Guggenheim Initiates Coverage
- The FBI has arrested NCAA basketball officials on fraud and corruption charges
- Manchester United travel to Moscow without Marouane Fellaini
- Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ:BECN) Sees Significantly Higher Trading Volume
- NFL Responds To Trump As President Renews Debate Over National Anthem