A third Omani, a 75-year-old who is believed to have already been married 10 times, was brought to the city to Wednesday another woman, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Zone) V Satyanarayana. They were searching for another minor when they learned about the police investigation and the qazi absconded.
Last week, the police claimed to have busted a huge racket with the arrest of 20 people including five Omani and three Qatari nationals.
The police have arrested four persons, including one "Qazi", in this regard, a senior official said. The Government of Andhra Pradesh through its orders in G.O.Ms.No.757, dated 18.8.1990, has permitted Qazi to perform the marriages of Arabs also.
Anthony Weiner gets 21 months in prison in sexting case
Two days before Election Day, the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced there was nothing new in the emails. After his sentence is served, he must undergo internet monitoring and must have no contact with his victim.
Deputy Commissioner of Police V Satyanarayana told media that the police have also initiated proceedings to deport two Qatari nationals.
Satyanarayana said they had so far identified 35 victims including 22 minors. Among the arrested was Chief Qazi Ali Abudullah Rifai, who allegedly maintained a network of brokers who sent girls to foreigners.
Marriages of minor girls from poor Muslim families to elderly Arabs is not new in Hyderabad.
Police foiled attempts by eight Sheikhs from Oman and Qatar to marry local girls and rescued two minor girls. A resident of Bhavani Nagar area in the old city, Rafai is considered to be chief qazi of Greater Hyderabad and the head of all qazis in the city.
- Chelsea to return striker Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid
- Trump Today: President praises fans who booed kneeling National Football League players
- Germany's political earthquake: Making sense of the right shift in elections
- NFL Responds To Trump As President Renews Debate Over National Anthem
- Russian Federation urges Facebook to comply with law or face ban in 2018
- Chief under fire after labeling Steelers' Tomlin with slur
- The heaviest woman on Earth died this Monday morning
- Arsenal star could snub Man Utd for Super Lig
- S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller National Home Price Index (HPI) Meets July Forecast
- Ozil lets Arsenal know he wants move to rivals