The Army on Tuesday thwarted an attempt by Pakistan's Border Action Team to intrude into Indian territory and attack an Army post in Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
According to news agency ANI, there were around 7-8 armed intruders who were backed by Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT). Firing by security forces on the site was underway.
In today's attack, Indian army officials said the BAT soldiers had aimed to "cause damage" to Indian posts and were "effectively thwarted", forcing them to retreat.
Woman grabbed off street, thrown into vehicle in apparent South LA kidnapping
Police in Los Angeles are looking for a man they believe may have kidnapped a woman late Sunday evening in south LA. He closed the door and walked around the rear of the auto , getting in the driver's side door again.
Earlier in the morning, security forces foiled an infiltration bid in the Zorawar sector of Uri district in Jammu and Kashmir and killed one terrorist during an encounter.
Recently, India's Army chief Bipin Rawat had warned Pakistan of another surgical strike if the neighbouring country "does not behave". "We will keep receiving them (infiltrators) to dispatch them two-and-a-half feet below the ground", he added.
- Investigation as bodies of husband and wife found in Rednal and Streetly
- 'Kevin Can Wait' awkwardly handles the death of major character
- Kyiv working so Hungarian Ukrainians feel comfortable in European Union and Ukraine
- Exciting names announced to direct Game of Thrones Season 8
- Alexis starts as Ozil makes return on bench
- Benjamin Mendy encore forfait avec les Bleus — EdF
- Tim Peake spacecraft to complete new voyage at Ulster Museum in Belfast
- Twitter to clarify rules in wake of Trump North Korea threat tweets
- Labour considering compulsory problem gambling levy
- Le démonstrateur A340 BLADE d'Airbus réalise son premier vol