Munster were beaten for the first time this season as they suffered a heavy defeat in Glasgow. The result moved them to the top of the Guinness PRO14's Conference A and shook off the early-season rust that had been evident over the past few weeks.
The hosts got off to a flyer and were 10-0 up inside 10 minutes before Rory Scannell got the visitors back into it with a try five minutes later to make it perfectly clear that this was going to be a fiercely competitive game if that wasn't already obvious from the physicality early on.
Grigg's try arrived after Munster had been reduced to 14 players following the sin-binning of Billy Holland. The increasingly influential Russell booted a penalty goal when Munster infringed at a lineout, and worse followed two minutes later when the Scots broke from deep through Callum Gibbins and Jones finished a wonderful breakaway try for a 20-5 interval advantage.
South Korea says quake in North Korea was not result of blast
A ban on textile imports from the North will go into effect immediately, the statement said. Treasury prices gained on concerns about conflict with North Korea.
"We made a decision not to being a few of our major players, but to bring the young boys and see how they react", he said after the 37-10 loss in Glasgow.
Unfortunately, this talk did little to keep 30 men on the pitch for the entirety of the game as Munster's Fineen Wycherley was shown a red card for a shoulder charge late in the game. I am sure they learned a lot about how to handle a situation like this but I'm also sure that when we get the likes of Conor Murray, back we will go forward and do better. Glasgow were really good on the night and to score four tries to two is testament to how well they played. "We were under pressure from the beginning", Erasmus reflected. Billy [Holland, the lock] had to go on the flank and young Fineen [Wycherley] into the second row.
"We were under pressure and did not handle that pressure well - like the previous four games where Glasgow did not handle the pressure well and we beat them four games in a row". The only area where we competed was in the scrum.
- Southampton vs Manchester United
- Pochettino takes Spurs squad for dinner, pays the bill!
- Southampton 0-1 Man United: Lukaku wins it
- Wenger insists he's not punishing Sanchez
- Breaking down No. 12 Florida State's home opener against NC State
- Six people injured in 'acid attack' at London shopping centre
- Kim fires off insults at Trump and hints at weapons test
- Danny Welbeck 'certainly out' until October as Arsenal forward undergoes latest scan
- Soulèvement populaire et attentats à la bombe en série — Cameroun
- China: Trump bank ban statement 'not consistent' with facts