Instead, the entire Jets team - including owner Christopher Johnson - stood on the sideline, arms locked together. "We are very proud of our players and their strong commitment to work in our community to make a positive, constructive, and unifying impact". Johnson is the USA ambassador to the United Kingdom and has said in the past that he's not in favor of players protesting the anthem. Four Dolphins also took a knee during the anthem, while locking arms - wide receiver Kenny Stills, safety Maurice Smith, offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil, and tight end Julius Thomas. No Jets played took a knee or Saturday. The Jets have since released a formal statement regarding the occurrence as well. Trump then urged the league's owners to "fire or suspend" the players in a tweet Sunday morning.
Cristopher Johnson's brother Woody Johnson is now serving as the United States' ambassador to the United Kingdom.
Syrian Forces Retake More Areas in Deir Ez-Zor
Backed by the USA , the PKK/PYD on September 9 began advancing into Deir ez-Zor without encountering any resistance from Daesh. In turn, the SDF said on Saturday they had come under attack from Russian jets and Syrian government forces.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins talks about how he feels coming into Jets game on Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017.
Before Sunday, no Jets players had protested during the anthem, despite Todd Bowles saying all his players reserved the right to do so. Woody Johnson has not responded to Trump's comments. "Whether it's sitting for the anthem, whether it's raising your first, whether it's speaking out, whether it's a walk to Washington, who's to say whose protest is good or bad, you know?"
- Alerte maximale par crainte de l'éruption du volcan endormi — Bali
- India to clash with Australia in 3rd ODI at Indore tomorrow
- Lewandowski: McCain 'Lied' to Voters When He Campaigned on Repealing & Replacing ObamaCare
- Eagles look for win in home opener vs. Giants
- Manchester United wants to identify the culprits after new chants racist
- Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts
- Iran tests new missile after U.S. criticizes arms program
- Police responding to church shooting near Nashville
- Patriots: What Players Protested
- Ligue 1 : Nantes intègre le top 5