"We will strengthen our defense and military capabilities. whether you want it or not", Rouhani said, a direct response to Trump's speech at the U.N. General Assembly this week. Iran said in its announcement that the Khorramshahr missile could carry several warheads.
Iran, on Friday, unveiled a new long-range ballistic missile as the country marked the beginning of Defence Week. He said that the missile does not represent a danger or threat to the region because its goal is to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
Iran has successfully tested a new ballistic missile capable of easily striking Israel, the country boasted Saturday.
Iran's Revolutionary Guard on Friday unveiled its latest ballistic missile capable of reaching much of the Middle East, including Israel, while the country's president vowed that Tehran would press ahead with its missile program in defiance of USA demands to the contrary.
Iran has displayed a new ballistic missile which it claims has a range of 2,000 kilometers (about 1,250 miles), a semi-official news agency in the Islamic Republic reported on Friday.
Lions rule out Davis for Atlanta game with concussion
Trump has faced criticism after calling on NFL owners to fire players who kneel, rather than stand, during the national anthem. Our game has long provided a powerful platform for dialogue and positive change in many communities throughout our nation.
President Donald Trump and the British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson have also condemned Iran's action.
"Taking a decisive position against Trump is just the start, and what is strategically important is that the USA should witness more painful responses in the actions, behavior and decisions that Iran will take in the next few months".
The missile was launched at the end of a week that saw President Trump and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani (pictured) trade barbs at the United Nations.. They are also working with North Korea.
Rouhani said the United States and Israel have isolated themselves by opposing the 2015 nuclear agreement. Iran says its missile program is within the bounds of the resolution because the rockets are not created to carry nuclear weapons.
- Republican Sen. Collins: 'Very hard to envision' voting for health care bill
- Police responding to church shooting near Nashville
- Jets release statement regarding Sunday's national anthem
- Fresh nuclear test suspected for North Korea's quake
- Slow iPhone 8 Sales Could Mean Fireworks for Apple
- Autriche : un Français sauve un car d'une chute dans un précipice
- Hikers Rescued After Getting Too Stoned on England's Highest Mountain Peak
- China urges North Korea to not to go further in 'dangerous direction'
- Fusillade dans une église du Tennessee: un mort et sept blessés
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes