"Haseena Parkar", the film based on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's sister improved on the second day with a collection of Rs 2.60 crore. The film released on 22nd September, facing stark competition from Sanjay Dutt's comeback film Bhoomi and Shraddha Kapoor's Haseena Parkar. That really is good news for the film which was showing really disappointing trending at the box office on the first day.
According to Box Office India, "Bhoomi" was leading over "Haseena Parkar" on most parts of the country. However, Shraddha's, having chosen to do this biopic and not a Bollywood potboiler, transition from romantic roles will be under the scanner in the coming days.
Telugu film "Jai Lava Kusa" also did well with initial business better than the other three Hindi releases. However, "Haseena Parkar" had the edge over "Bhoomi" in Mumbai and Maharashtra. The movie lacks a good script, and only a die-hard fan of Sanjay can watch it.
Israeli volunteers recover body of Jewish natural disaster victim in Mexico
Rabbi Haim Ashkenazi was killed when the office building he was in collapsed, trapping him underneath the rubble. As of Sunday morning, the Home Front Command delegation had surveyed 59 buildings, according to the IDF.
In his review for NDTV, film critic Saibal Chatterjee wrote, "Haseena Parkar is bereft of frisson and focus. During the weekend, the film will earn Rs 7-8 crore", he had added later. He is seen playing the role of Dawood in the movie.
While all the three movies were backed by some genuine hard-hitting content, their performance wasn't that great at the ticket counters. The film has a huge star cast this time that includes Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Mark Strong, Edward Holcroft and Sophie Cookson, Julianne Moore, Halle Berry, Pedro Pascal, Elton John, Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges. "The Pujas will have a good impact on the films", Johar said.
- Opposition demand probe after minister's revelation in Jaya's death
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Launching For Nintendo Switch
- Police responding to church shooting near Nashville
- Valentino Rossi: Dani Pedrosa slams rival after MotoGP in Aragon
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- India to clash with Australia in 3rd ODI at Indore tomorrow
- Fresh nuclear test suspected for North Korea's quake
- Autriche : un Français sauve un car d'une chute dans un précipice
- Kim Jong Un a 'madman' who 'will be tested like never before'
- Slovakian cyclist Sagan clinches historic 3rd straight world title