"Haseena Parkar", the film based on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's sister improved on the second day with a collection of Rs 2.60 crore. The film released on 22nd September, facing stark competition from Sanjay Dutt's comeback film Bhoomi and Shraddha Kapoor's Haseena Parkar. That really is good news for the film which was showing really disappointing trending at the box office on the first day.
According to Box Office India, "Bhoomi" was leading over "Haseena Parkar" on most parts of the country. However, Shraddha's, having chosen to do this biopic and not a Bollywood potboiler, transition from romantic roles will be under the scanner in the coming days.
Telugu film "Jai Lava Kusa" also did well with initial business better than the other three Hindi releases. However, "Haseena Parkar" had the edge over "Bhoomi" in Mumbai and Maharashtra. The movie lacks a good script, and only a die-hard fan of Sanjay can watch it.
Brexit: Jeremy Corbyn rejects calls to commit to single market
But in a high-profile TV interview kicking off the week's events, the 68-year-old said Labour should not commit to such a policy. Jeremy Corbyn said his drive to give Labour members more control over the party will help him enter Downing Street.
In his review for NDTV, film critic Saibal Chatterjee wrote, "Haseena Parkar is bereft of frisson and focus. During the weekend, the film will earn Rs 7-8 crore", he had added later. He is seen playing the role of Dawood in the movie.
While all the three movies were backed by some genuine hard-hitting content, their performance wasn't that great at the ticket counters. The film has a huge star cast this time that includes Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Mark Strong, Edward Holcroft and Sophie Cookson, Julianne Moore, Halle Berry, Pedro Pascal, Elton John, Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges. "The Pujas will have a good impact on the films", Johar said.
- Fresh nuclear test suspected for North Korea's quake
- India to clash with Australia in 3rd ODI at Indore tomorrow
- Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts
- Hurricane Maria: Puerto Rico officials describe 'apocalyptic' conditions
- Nikita Scherbak retranché par le CH
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Launching For Nintendo Switch
- Slovakian cyclist Sagan clinches historic 3rd straight world title
- Hikers Rescued After Getting Too Stoned on England's Highest Mountain Peak
- Lions rule out Davis for Atlanta game with concussion
- Opposition demand probe after minister's revelation in Jaya's death