Of the five Von Flue choke submissions scored in UFC history, light heavyweight contender Ovince Saint Preux now has three of them, with the third taking place in the UFC Fight Night main event at Saitama Super Arena as he finished Yushin Okami in the first round.
Okami accepted the fight on short notice when Mauricio "Shogun" Rua had to drop out because of a knee injury, but short notice and conditioning had nothing to do with the outcome, as Saint Preux made short work of the Japanese veteran.
The victory raises the Knoxville, Tennessee based fighter's overall MMA record to 21-11.
Brazilian strawweight Jessica Andrade will likely need several wins to get back into title contention, but the former title challenger picked up a massive one over Claudia Gadelha.
Kim Jong-Un called Trump a 'dotard'
Kim hit back with an equally fearsome response last night warning Trump that he will "pay dearly" for the United Nations speech. It could be that Kim felt that a direct, personal response was crucial because of the harshness of Trump's comments.
Former kickboxing legend Gokhan Saki made quite the impression with his UFC debut as he flattened Henrique da Silva with a nasty first round knockout to earn a win as well as a Performance of the Night award as well.
Andrade's physicality and pressure continued to dictate the fight in the second and third rounds. The 36-year-old spent eight years in the UFC before signing with World Series of Fighting in 2013. Dy was able to recover and get back to his feet, but Ishihara put him back on the mat and began firing off ground strikes.
Bleacher Report scores the round: 10-9 Nakamura. It was completely one-sided from that point on, as Formiga advanced to full mount for a second, before taking the back and locking in the choke.
- Went overseas only for college admission of daughter: Karti
- Hot, humid weather continues for the first weekend of fall
- United Nations chief urges Myanmar to halt military campaign against Rohingya
- Gandhi, Nehru, Ambedkar were NRIs, Rahul Gandhi says in US
- U.S. warplanes in show of force to North Korea
- Radamel Falcao's brace caps Monaco's win over Lille; Nice held by Angers
- Fire bans rescinded in southeastern, Cariboo regions
- Feds sue over alleged bitcoin Ponzi scheme
- Reds to extend protective netting in 2018
- Nanaimo senior in critical condition after being struck by own vehicle