"The focus of this Games has been to strengthen our base of athletes and I am happy that most of our debutants medalled", said Kevin Wong, chairman of the Singapore National Paralympic Council and president of the Singapore Disability Sports Council.
Vietnam won a total of 161 medals, including 40 gold, standing fourth in the medal tally after seven competition days of the ninth ASEAN Para Games in Malaysia.
The previous record was 37 (16-10-11) accomplished at the inaugural edition in 2001 held also in Kuala Lumpur. This reflects the healthy growth of disability sports in Singapore.
Chess, spearheaded by triple-gold medal victor and FIDE Master Sander Severino, fell short of its 7-gold target but still wound up as the country's second-best performing sport with a 4-3-6 haul. It's a hard-earned victory for Chee, who won silver the last time round in 2015.
American Century Companies Inc. Sells 71921 Shares of Sealed Air Corporation
The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website . Wells Fargo & Company MN grew its holdings in shares of Sealed Air Corporation by 245.4% during the 2nd quarter.
The para athletics team was the top performer for PH in this year's games as the representatives scooped up 20 medals overall including 9 golds, 5 silvers, as well as 6 bronzes.
The Republic's 90-member team in Malaysia was the country's largest contingent sent for an overseas APG.
"It has been our aim to provide more opportunities for our athletes to gain more experience by fielding them at major games like the ASEAN Para Games, and they have done well", he added. They will continue to grow, improve and strive for excellence.
The athletes who won the most medals are para-cyclists Emily Lee and Sarah Tan.
- 'Madman' Kim Jong-Un doesn't mind starving or killing his people
- Gov. Cuomo, emergency relief specialists heading to storm-damaged Puerto Rico
- Likely Kingmaker in New Zealand Election Won't Rush to Decisions
- Estrada, Goins sharp in win against Yankees — Blue Jays Notebook
- Ghoulam et Zouma attaquent l'ASSE
- China to limit oil supplies to North Korea
- Early morning fire breaks out at Parkmerced high-rise apartments
- Le référendum aura lieu comme prévu, le 25 septembre, affirme Barazani — Kurdistan
- Johnson Matthey powers up share price with $300m battery plan
- Adam Voges Backs Steve Finn to Shine in Ashes