It's box office grosses certainly aren't lurking down in the sewers.
It has surpassed The Exorcist to become the highest grossing horror movie of all time! In contrast, "The Exorcist" had grossed United States dollars 232.9 million domestically. "The Exorcist" is still the top-grossing horror film on an global basis, having netted $441.3 million globally to "It's" $404.3 million.
Mayoral candidate Frank Scurlock denies lewd conduct charge
The video shows Scurlock trying to attract the attention of police officers who were being a chainlink fence around the statue. Charges against New Orleans mayoral candidate Frank Scurlock stemming from a May 6 arrest at...
This isn't the only record the movie has broken during its short tenure in theaters so far. The film is now the ninth highest-grossing R-rated release in history and the highest-grossing September release.
Variety reports that the movie has brought in a staggering $236 million domestically in just 14 days, surpassing the $232 million that The Exorcist made during its entire theatrical run, which included two re-releases. Dark Tower's promotional materials promised a muddled action-oriented fantasy without a clear plot, though it was anchored by stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey. The distributors reignited interest in horror titles back in 2013, when its Vera Farmiga/Patrick Wilson project The Conjuring pulled in an unexpected $137.4 million on top of strong critical reviews. Other recent genre hits for the studio include 2015's The Gallows ($22.7 million on a $100,000 budget) and 2016's Lights Out ($67.3 million on a $5 million budget).
- Kyle Busch earns 8th pole of the season at New Hampshire
- Trudeau confronts Canada's failure of indigenous people in United Nations speech
- Trasladan al Cereso de Tepexi a presunto feminicida de Mara
- Better late than never? Library book returned 78 years later
- US, Russian militaries hold talks on Syria: Pentagon
- Gold futures rise on escalating geopolitical tensions
- Conagra buying Mankato-based Boomchickapop
- Man due in Sheffield court accused of attempting to kill four children
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi has officially wrapped, says director Rian Johnson
- Magnitude 5.7 quake hits 120 miles off of Northern California Coast