The Prime Minister has written personalised letters to iconic celebrities, including inter-faith leaders, industrialists, sportspersons film stars, and other noted personalities to extend their support Swachhata Hi Seva.
Quoting Mahatma Gandhi, Modi said Swachhata or cleanliness is for each of us to practice.
WILBUR ROSS: China 'sent a very powerful message to North Korea'
It was the second missile to fly over Japan in less than three weeks and sent a clear message of defiance to the U.N. McMaster expressed hope sanctions and diplomatic pressure would work but said military options were ready if needed.
Even as BJP State president Tamilisai Soundararajan tweeted urging Mr. Kamal Haasan to take into account the corruption charges against Mr. Kejriwal, she thanked Mr. Rajinikanth for supporting the PM's campaign. Let us ensure that the coming days are about living the Mantra of "Swachhata Hi Seva".
Rajinikanth has been hinting at joining politics for some time but never came clear on his political ambitions. "Leading up to Gandhi Jayanti, we can encourage widespread support for, and participation in cleanliness initiatives across India", the Prime Minister's letter read. Over the last few months, the BJP has shown keen desire in roping the superstar to work alongside the party. Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan in August said the decision to join politics is entirely on the actor. "It is not wrong if he joins politics", Radhakrishnan said.
Mr Haasan has said he would be willing to work with Mr Rajinikanth if the superstar made a decision to enter politics.
- Radamel Falcao's brace caps Monaco's win over Lille; Nice held by Angers
- Major Super Mario Run Update Coming September 29 Along With First Sale
- Hot, humid weather continues for the first weekend of fall
- Germany will strive to save Iran nuclear deal
- Pizza joint to release pumpkin spice pie for first day of fall
- United Nations chief urges Myanmar to halt military campaign against Rohingya
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Gives Press Briefing 9/20/2017
- Novelion's Aegerion resolves United States drug probes for $40 mln
- Mexico Earthquake: Who is Frida Sofia? Mexican Authorities Just Don't Know
- Seahawks open as underdog vs. Titans