With a few of their key fast bowlers nursing injuries in the run-up to the home summer, Australia have chose to rest Pat Cummins from the T20I series against India with an eye on his workload management in the build-up to the Ashes.
"His body has handled the return to global cricket well, but we believe the best plan for him ahead of the Ashes series is to return home to refresh, both mentally and physically, before he prepares for Sheffield Shield cricket".
No replacement has yet been named but an official announcement is expected soon. He made a comeback in December previous year - after missing the 2015-16 season due to a stress fracture to the back - and has since played 22 of Australia's 27 worldwide matches across formats, and also featured in the IPL.
The fast bowler made a successful return to Test cricket in March, more than five years after injuries cut short his emergence as a teenager.
The T20 series against India begins on October 7, while Australia's domestic four-day competition starts nearly three weeks later.
Dwyane Wade may have to give up money to accommodate Bulls buyout
But Wade, who turns 36 in January, also said he'd rather be competing for championships at this stage of his career. Paxson, later on, said that nothing is final and they will just have to wait for Wade to reach out directly.
"We've had a lot of collapses and we need to stop", he said. We know that his workloads are up there, but we know it's an important series. "When you get out in the middle you have to change what you're doing because it's not working". He's really determined to play well over here.
With fellow spearheads Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc back in Australia recovering from injury, Australia will be desperate to keep Cummins fit.
All three are aiming to play in Shield matches leading up to the first Test against England in Brisbane from November 23.
- Translator slammed for covering up Trump attacks on Iran
- Flesh Eating Disease Affecting Victorians At An Alarming Rate
- Tag: Vivo X20 Plus Price
- Iran's Khamenei slams Trump's 'gangster and cowboy' speech
- La réponse cinglante et énervée de Daniel Alves à Diego Forlan — PSG
- Two suspects arrested in London train attack
- Brendan Rodgers kept Raheem Sterling on £2k a week Liverpool contract
- PyeongChang 2018 Medals Unveiled
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) PT Set at $17.00 by Cantor Fitzgerald
- NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVEE) Stock Rating Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research