Later, speaking to reporters, Vijayan said the people of the two states were like brothers and stressed on talks to put an end to the water-sharing disputes.
Chennai: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan today held a meeting with his Tamil Nadu counterpart Edappadi K Palaniswami at the State Secretariat in Chennai. Increasing the storage capacity of the Mullaperiyar dam is one of the key disputes between the two states.
Vijayan has said that for a better and effective probe, the Kerala Police is willing to transfer the details they have gathered in the case and that a joint probe can also take place.
Loris Baz confirme son retrait
J'ai hâté de découvrir la Ducati . "Notre pays a véritablement le potentiel de briller quand on lui en donne les moyens". Je tiens à remercier tous ceux grâce à qui cela fut possible et toutes les personnes que j'ai côtoyées.
In May 2014, the Supreme Court had held that the dam was safe and allowed Tamil Nadu to raise the water level to 142 feet and ultimately to 152 feet, after the completion of the measures to strengthen it further. Though located in the Idukki district of Kerala, the dam is owned and operated by Tamil Nadu, as per the 1886 lease agreement.
Earlier this year, Tamil Nadu moved the apex court, alleging that Kerala was not allowing it to maintain the dam. The project envisaged by National Water Development Agency is to divert 22tmcft to Tamil Nadu to irrigate an ayacut of 91,400 hectares of Tamil Nadu and 500MW for Kerala. "It's a big fraud".
"If there is any problem, initially the officials from both the States will hold talks, and, if needed there will be Ministerial level talks". I spoke to him (Palaniswami) about the Nirmal chit fund. "Power connection to the dam has not been restored by Kerala electricity board, and we still run on generators", a senior TN official said.
- Two charged with murder over burned body in Southfields garden
- Federer, Nadal relish teaming up at Laver Cup
- Pour découvrir comment sera votre salon avec la réalité augmentée — IKEA Place
- Increíble; Real Madrid no gana en el Santiago Bernabéu
- US Leaving Iran Nuclear Deal May Send Worst Signal to N. Korea
- Vijay Mersal Movie Teaser Released: A Treat for Ilayathalapathy Fans
- Apple admits to Apple Watch LTE problems just before it ships
- La Turquie a livré le djihadiste Jonathan Geffroy à la France — Exclusif
- Gundogan injury not serious
- Florida preparing for post-Irma insurance claims