Delivering the verdict, he also dismissed suggestions that Brady's intermittent hunger strikes since 1999 may have led to his death.
One of the final chapters in the history of the Moors Murders closed today as an inquest concluded into the death of Ian Brady.
The inquest, overseen by the coroner Christopher Sumner at Bootle town hall in Merseyside, heard that the 79-year-old Brady had been on end-of-life care before his death at Ashworth high secure hospital in Maghull on 15 May. "He also took food to supplement that liquid diet from selected staff and it wasn't just snacks, it was full meals at times", he said. Dr Rodgers' evidence is that his weight was 61kg, nine stone, and his BMI was 21.3.
Neglect or self neglect did not contribute to his death, Mr Sumner added.
His request was rejected after Ashworth medical experts said he had chronic mental illness and needed continued care in hospital.
Brady had been on end-of-life care, Dr Rodgers told the court, and was on a number of medications - including oxygen, which was administered through a mask.
Purported BlackBerry Krypton images leak
The BlackBerry Krypton will be the first smartphone from this company to feature an all-touch-screen functionality. However, this images only reveal the back of the phone, leaving us in the dark as to what its front will look like.
At an earlier hearing Mr Sumner refused to release Brady's body before he was given assurances the killer's ashes would not be spread on Saddleworth Moor - where the remains of four of Brady and Myra Hindley's five child victims were found.
Dr Rodgers said although Brady had been on hunger strike his body did not look emaciated and "he may well have been eating". No reference was made to Brady's remains during Thursday's hearing.
The body was kept under police guard until it was released to his lawyer, Robin Makin, on May 18. But he said his lungs were "very severely diseased".
Brady had been a heavy smoker until the smoking ban was introduced.
Dr Thomas said Brady's condition had deteriorated in February and then again, significantly on 24 April.
There were also accounts of "disturbed and freaky behaviour" relating to psychosis which include assaults against peers.
- West Indies sweat over Chris Gayle's fitness after hamstring uneasiness
- Paul Jonathan Brody Sells 10894 Shares of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc
- IBall Launches Windows 10 Powered Slide PenBook 2-in-1
- US Fed's Yellen says has not met with Trump to discuss status
- Megyn Kelly Says She Left Fox News Because of Trump
- Agent Claims That United Eye Santos' Lima
- "TPMP": La guéguerre entre Pierre Ménès et Matthieu Delormeau, c'est fini!
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Accord sur le nucléaire iranien : la menace du retrait américain ?
- Raquel Dodge troca procuradores da força-tarefa da Lava-Jato na PGR