Wade is set to enter the second-year of his two-year, $48 million deal that will pay him $23.8 million this upcoming season, which was an option that he chose to pick up on June 20, which was seven days before the deadline. Translated: Wade would have to give up a significant portion of the $23.8 million he opted into a week before his deadline to do so last June 20. Paxson, later on, said that nothing is final and they will just have to wait for Wade to reach out directly.
Bulls executive vice president John Paxson appeared on "The Mully and Hanley" show on WSCR-670 AM in Chicago on Thursday and said that any talks of a buyout would need to be "advantageous" for the Bulls.
"Some dialogue is going on", Paxson said on The Score.
With the Bulls in full rebuild mode, the speculation arose that Wade would want a buyout from his contract allowing him to be a free agent. So there has to be something that is mutually agreed upon. We're more than willing to work with him. But as I said when we had the press conference to introduce the new players after the draft, we have to always do what's in our best interest. "But again, the bottom line is always - and it has to be - that we have to do what's in our best interest". It can't be something the player wins because that's what he wants.
Brendan Rodgers kept Raheem Sterling on £2k a week Liverpool contract
See how consistent and professional they are, and if they are doing well they will always get rewarded ". Brendan Rodgers knows a thing or two about putting young talents on the path to a professional career.
"We want to work with Dwyane because we respect him very much".
To be clear: Wade has acted professionally throughout.
"The only thing I'll say right now my plan is to be in training camp", Wade told the Tribune two weeks ago at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
But Wade, who turns 36 in January, also said he'd rather be competing for championships at this stage of his career. The Bulls want to move on from the Wade/Jimmy Butler year.
- Mexico City Earthquake Death Toll 'At Least 225'
- PyeongChang 2018 Medals Unveiled
- IPhone 8 makes its major market debut -- in Japan
- Shyamalan's Glass Adds More Unbreakable Characters
- Getting a hat-trick was special: Kuldeep Yadav
- Kate Middleton enceinte : Ses premiers mots depuis l'annonce de sa grossesse
- Trains to Beijing running at full speed
- Trump signs executive order targeting North Korea's trading partners
- Municipals end weaker after FOMC leaves rate steady
- Ile d'Oléron: McDonald's autorisé à s'implanter par le tribunal administratif